I Couldnt Believe What I Was Hearing

Decorating By CNCS Updated 10 May 2008 , 7:46pm by indydebi

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 9

OK I was at my daughters softball game. There was a lady sitting down from me and she saw my friend leave to go pick up her son.

Well she slid down and goes I know who you are your that lady that makes wedding cakes.
I said I used to do wedding cakes but I gave it up because so many ladies around here make them illegally. She goes Oh ok, then I got a whiff of her breath, man talk about 90 proof. Must be something in her styro cup she was sipping out of.

She watches the game a bit and keeps sipping her drink she goes...so are you legal? I said yes I have a shop I work out of and take orders on call nothing ready made.

She leans into me and says I'm not legal too much red tape dont want to go through the trouble of taking the classes and tests.

I look at her and go ok.

She said I've been doing desserts for a restaurant from my home for 4 years. Nothing to it. You dont need no silly health dept.

By now I'm looking for my friend to come back, need rescuing I dont want to know the ins and outs of her illegal activity.

So I tell her she really needs to go leagl or do the baking in the restaurant kitchen, she looks like I spit on her or something. She says I cant I have my babies to take care of. I'm thinking BABY..she means YORKIES. 5 of them Can you believe it.

She's illegal and has a house full or DOGS.
I wonder if she would have told me this if she hadnt been drinking.

I excuse myself and go to the bathroom and call my friend to come rescue me. I didnt want to know any more.

I'm never eating out again.

8 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 9

I have 5 small dogs, but I never let them in the kitchen. They know where they are allowed and not allowed. But..for now I only bake for my house. I'm still a beginer, but I still wouldnt want dog hair or dog food or anything like that near food that my kids eat.

I really hope she wasnt driving her kid home after the game. I wouldnt frequent the restaurant she caters for. Or...I'm mean enough to make a comment if I did go eat there.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 9 May 2008 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 9

icon_confused.gif I hope you found out what restaurant NOT to go to.

Mike

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 9

Never cease to be amazed by people!!!!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 9

I only eat at one restaurant a friend owns. they have 2 actually and I wont eat anywhere else.

I know the owners and I know how hard they worked for 20 years to start and keep this business. In excellent standing with the HD and I have no problems eating there.

This lady didnt live in my hometown just a few miles over in another county I not worried at all about eating where she takes stuff.

As for the dogs she said they had run of the house. So I'm assuming every room.

As for her drinking, she left with another lady and her kids I'm assuming it was her grands.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:35am
post #6 of 9

yikes! Im guessing that restraunt would get in a lot of trouble if someone found this out. NASTY!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:06am
post #7 of 9

Wow! If she remembers once she's sobered up (and being drunk at the kids' ball game is T-A-C-K-Y!!!) she's going to be embarassed. People like that are their own worst enemies. Sometime she'll tell someone who's not as laid-back and mellow as you, and they'll report her.

As far as the dogs go, when people love their pets enough, sometimes they can't smell or see what their pets do to their home...my sister has three cats and when she brings clothes for my kids, I have to wash them in vinegar before I can bring them in the house.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:01pm
post #8 of 9

eeeew...how disgusting! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif she should be turned in!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 9

This is exactly the kind of person that makes it hard on all home bakers.

Unfortunately, she is why the laws were set up ...... to protect the general public from people exactly like her.

Wonder if the restaurant knows .... they have some liability if someone finds a dog hair in their dessert.

[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%