What Do U Think Of This Cake Topper

Decorating By SweetStuff30 Updated 11 May 2008 , 3:54pm by SweetStuff30

SweetStuff30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStuff30 Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 14

Hi, im making a 3 tiered shell cake with white shells and luster dust, im stuck on what cake topper to use (its a gift cake for my good friends at their reception and they wanted me to design it) Im stuck on what cake topper to use... should i go with monograms or this starfish topper. (dont want it to look tacky) YOur oponions would be wonderful! thanks!
LL
LL

13 replies
Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 14

if it fits the theme i would use the topper. I think it is cute, but that just my opinion

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 14

It's gorgeous!

daiam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daiam Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 14

wow, i love it, great idea....

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 14

oh wow. that topper is so cute! use that!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 14

Hi,

I love the starfish cake topper. I would pick that. It's different, beautifully done and a great keepsake!

Great job - what an inspiration.

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 14

I love your starfish topper! How did you get it to look so white? Is it made of RI?

Mothersuperior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mothersuperior Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 14

I think the starfish topper would be my choice - nice work

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 14

Yes this topper is beautiful, I would for sure use it!

SweetStuff30 Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:20pm
post #10 of 14

OH BOY!! SORRY GUYS i didnt make the topper!! im going to buy it!!! Thats the picture from the weddingstar magazine! I wanted something for the cake topper that they could keep, so thats why i was thinking of buying one. I just didnt know if it was tacky looking or not (becasue the girl who sells them say's they arnt a popular item) SO i was worried that its ugly looking to other ppl. thanks for your input! icon_smile.gif_

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:45pm
post #11 of 14

ooooh...was my first reaction. icon_eek.gif
love the starfish!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

DessertLover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DessertLover Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:48pm
post #12 of 14

Personally, it's not my taste. I don't like the artificial look of it. I did find jaimee679's use of seashells on the top of her seashell cake to be very well done. Either way, I think your friends will love the cake you make for them. Good luck!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:55pm
post #13 of 14

LOL!!!! I cringed a little when I opened this thread. I really did expect one of those übertacky 12-inch tall Wilton WT toppers with loads of tulle and ruffles and bells over the couple's heads. And being the honest person I am I would have to have written: TTFW.

That topper, however, is quite cute. It is very white and looks a little fakey-fake. Can your shade it with powdered colors for a more natural look?

SweetStuff30 Posted 11 May 2008 , 3:54pm
post #14 of 14

hahaha that would have been funny if it was a super tacky frilly topper! hhah. Im not too sure if im able to shade it with any colors because i dont actually have the item yet or have seen it in person cuz i dont wanna spend the money on it if it didn't work with the cake design. I was planning on going the shells all white anyways.. so they arnt gonna look super real, i only have access to ONE mould the wilton one with the small shells.. i cant find ANY other ones bigger then that around my town... so i could have made my own topper only if i had access to the bigger shell moulds. But i dont so i was thinking of the starfish topper. I guess i can draw out a picture with different topper ideas on it to see how it would look. I also might be looking way too far into this!!! (i am very nervous!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%