Half White/ Half Chocolate Cake ?? Need Advice

Decorating By Sandylee05 Updated 10 May 2008 , 2:45am by butterflywings

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 7

How do I make the cake two different flavors? I have a nice half sheet pan (12x 1icon_cool.gif with nice square corners that I like to use. I was thinking that chocolate and white cake baking times are different.

6 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 7

You don't bake them together in the same pan, but either make one layer white and the other chocolate or your use a 1/2 sheet and bake one for each flavor as directed.

jklm3721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jklm3721 Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 7

I've baked them together before and they turned out great!!! I just had my husband pour in one batter at the same time as I did the other, they met in the middle and baked up fine.

The kids really enjoyed having it that way.

Misty

stlouiscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlouiscake Posted 9 May 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 7

Almost all of my 12x18 sheets are half/half. I mix up the batters individually and slightly prop my prepared cake pan (a couple of magazines under one end!) and pour in one flavor, beginning at the lower end of the pan. Begin to pour in the next flavor and remove the props....voila! There will almost always be a little overlap where the flavors meet in the middle, but nobody has ever complained.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouiscake

Almost all of my 12x18 sheets are half/half. I mix up the batters individually and slightly prop my prepared cake pan (a couple of magazines under one end!) and pour in one flavor, beginning at the lower end of the pan. Begin to pour in the next flavor and remove the props....voila! There will almost always be a little overlap where the flavors meet in the middle, but nobody has ever complained.

i've made tons of 12x18 cakes with half choc. and half van. and this is the same way i do it. it always turns out fine. icon_wink.gif

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:12am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Whew! I feel a lot easier.

Sandy

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:45am
post #7 of 7

i asked this very question just a day or two ago and it worked GREAT - i used 1/2 choc, 1/2 french vanilla and it was just me, so i made a T out of some folded foil (ended up being quartered, so more rigid) and poured on side, propped pan, mixed other then started pouring and slowly lowered pan then removed foil barrier... worked great, very little "overlap"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%