Ok...now What Do I Say??

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 5 May 2008 , 5:11pm by HerBoudoir

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 6

Please refer to this thread...this is where this all started!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5918161-.html#5918161

Now the bride just e-mailed me with the date she wanted..because she conveniently left that little detail out.....So, I want to tell her that I am booked but wanted the right way to tell her.

Also, I have since dealing with her changed both my serving sizes and my pricing...so if she goes back to my website she'll notice that too.

Should I just simply say...that I am booked and be done?? Or do I explain that not only am I booked but my prices have went up also??

5 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 6

If you're booked then no need to also add that your prices have gone up. If she comes to you in the future to order another cake, then you can advise her of your price adjustment.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandica12182

Please refer to this thread...this is where this all started!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5918161-.html#5918161

Now the bride just e-mailed me with the date she wanted..because she conveniently left that little detail out.....So, I want to tell her that I am booked but wanted the right way to tell her.

Also, I have since dealing with her changed both my serving sizes and my pricing...so if she goes back to my website she'll notice that too.

Should I just simply say...that I am booked and be done?? Or do I explain that not only am I booked but my prices have went up also??

Just be honest and up front with her. It does not make sense airing the laundry on Cake Central and not clearing the air with your clients. If you simply do not wish to take on her order tell her that.

If the issue is simply one where you are skeptical based on her "champagne taste on a Kool Aid budget" simply tell her her demands are unrealistic. Be professional about it. Sit down with your client and tell her what you can provide her with for the money she's willing to spend. Let her know if she wants a cake that's more extravagant then it will cost more than $200.

Remember the key is to provide her with options of what you can do for her with her limited budget.

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 6

I agree with princess. Just tell her flat out that you cannot do what she wants for the amount she wants. If she decides to go with whatever the two of you agreed upon initially, then IMO, you need to uphold it. It will help you get more experience and if nothing else, it's a lesson learned.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 6

I would just tell her your booked - no need to point out the price increase.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 6

Just be honest with her. Tell her that the cake she clearly wants is not something you can do for that amount of money, and wish her luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%