Help Please--Should I Rebake

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 3 May 2008 , 3:00pm by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 7

I'm so tired and baked a cake 1/2 white and chocolate. The chocolate side is fine but I messed up on the white side. Instead of 4 Tbsp. of oil i put 1 cup. the cake taste fine but is really really moist on the white side. Should I just re-bake this?
I have to leave for my graduation shortly and don't want to be up all night baking to deliver this at 10:00. However, I don't want a customer not being pleased either.

6 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 7

See how you feel when you get home. I would probably rebake - but that's the perfectionist in me.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 7

Most likely I would use it...it would just depend on how it looks and tastes to me.

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:15am
post #4 of 7

I would rebake just in case. A cup of oil sounds like a lot. It would probably be fine, but just in case.

mkolmar Posted 3 May 2008 , 3:13am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the replies. I tasted the scraps of the cake once it had time to cool and sit. Like I said earlier the chocolate side was fine but once it has time to set the white side tasted like flour with being really moist. I think I just really screwed up in my measurements for the white cake. Chalk it up to being tired and distracted with 2 kids crying at my feet and trying to get ready for graduation. UGGG. I ended up re-baking and this time it turned out right. whew! Now to go decorated it.

Thanks again.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:21am
post #6 of 7

Congrats on your graduation!

mkolmar Posted 3 May 2008 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%