National (Insert Food Here) Month Listing

Business By indydebi Updated 3 May 2008 , 2:22pm by dinas27

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:13am
post #1 of 13

Found this and thought it could be a good way to promote sales.

http://www.gone-ta-pott.com/national_food_holiday_directory.html

For example, March was National Peanut Month. What a great month to promote peanut butter cookies and all derivatives of! (imagine a variety pack of chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips; peanut butter cookie with choc chips; regular peanut butter cookie with no chips; oatmeal cookies with peanut butter chips; peanut butter cookies with the little Reese's cup pushed into the top; etc).

October is National Cookie Month AND Nat'l Dessert Month! Now I KNOW y'all can come up with marketing ideas for this one!!

December 4th is Nat'l Cookie Day.

July is National Picnic and Nat'l Hot Dog month! The cake designs I can envision for this one!!

I'm already planning my monthly promos for these things!!

12 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:26am
post #2 of 13

Indy, I've often wondered who comes up with these things! lol

It figures, Dec. 4th is my son's birthday!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:45am
post #3 of 13

Oh I didn't even think to check my birthday!

Jan 19th .... nat'l popcorn day. Whew! Missed Nat'l Peking Duck Day by one day!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:55am
post #4 of 13

there's a cupcake blog i think it's called howtoeatacupcake and she has a list of dates with excuses to bake something LOL so cute! but yeah if you can use that to promote a product it's really cool.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:12am
post #5 of 13

Woooo hooooo! My birthday is National Rocky Road Day!

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 13

Thank you so much, indydebi! This is an awesome link to have. How fun would it be to feature special items based on these calendars?!

My bithday (oct 4) is national taco day....eh...not much of a taco person. I'd much rather have national chocolate cupcake day ( oct 18 ) .

Thanks!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 13

My birthday doesn't get a "national food day" icon_sad.gif

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 13

great idea, thanks icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 2 May 2008 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peardream

Thank you so much, indydebi! This is an awesome link to have. How fun would it be to feature special items based on these calendars?!

My bithday (oct 4) is national taco day....eh...not much of a taco person. I'd much rather have national chocolate cupcake day ( oct 18 ) .

Thanks!

Hey, peardream, I'll trade you one National Rocky Road day for one National Taco Day!! lol I'm not that big on ice cream, but then again I guess I could make Rocky Road Cookies! I do love tacos though! Hmmm, if they only had a National Food Fusion Day featuring Italian, Mexican, Japanese, French, Indian and Chinese foods. Now that would be a day no one would forget, but boy, would it be delicious! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 May 2008 , 6:00am
post #10 of 13

Wah Hoo!!! My B-day is National Chocolate Day.. how cool is THAT? icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:22pm
post #11 of 13

you are lucky, mine is national greasy food day (oct 25)... does bc count since i use shortning icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:40pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThereBeCake07

you are lucky, mine is national greasy food day (oct 25)... does bc count since i use shortning icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif Well, it's edible and greasy.....Yeah! icon_lol.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:22pm
post #13 of 13

my birthday nov 19- nat carbonated beverage with caffeine!

carbonated stuff makes me sick thumbsdown.gif and i try not to have caffeine (except in chocolate of course!)

is there a national creme brule day? or lemon curd? hmmmm maybe have to make some lemon curd for breaky now...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%