Buy A Baker's Rack?

Baking By SueW Updated 10 May 2008 , 2:12am by Rhienn

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:50am
post #1 of 19

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place to buy one. I am having trouble drying my cookies all over the kitchen/dining room table and I'd love to pop them in a rack. I tried a few places on line but they only sold to businesses which I am not, just a homebaker here icon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:12am
post #2 of 19

restaurant supply stores will often sell to 'the public'. If you have cash, they don't ask questions.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 19

There were some pics in the gallery of one someone's husband had made for her. It was well done.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 19

This is a 3-tired shelf I added 2 extra shelves to. The shelves are about 23"x14", and stands about 40" high. I bought several units on sale at Target at $12.00 a piece about a year ago. As you can see you can add more shelves, even more than I have shown. You can also stack more than one unit to make it taller. I mix and match mine as I need them, because I only bake for family and friends and don't need the same configuration all the time. Takes up less space, and can be dismantled and stored. Sturdy too. Sorry this is so long, but hope it helps.
LL

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 19

Oooops. Should have written 28" high. Sorry.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 19

restaurant supply, ebay, auctions of restaurants/bakeries.

But yeah ... you'll LUV having one! Vertical storage....the only way to go!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 19

I had my dad make me one cuz I couldn't afford or find a place for the retaurant-size bun rack. icon_smile.gif It's in my photos.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #8 of 19

i bid on 1 on ebay. it turned out the rack was going to be like $30, but the shipping was going to be $120. you're better off looking for a resturant equipment store. the last one i bought cost me $99. i'm up to 4 racks(yeah me!)

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:08am
post #9 of 19

I AM jealous of you having four racks! That means business is great for ya! icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #10 of 19

also watch your local craigs list,i got one from there full of full sheet pans for a bargin.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:36am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I had my dad make me one cuz I couldn't afford or find a place for the retaurant-size bun rack. icon_smile.gif It's in my photos.

My friend is making me one too (based on your pic - Thanks!)

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 4 May 2008 , 4:57am
post #12 of 19

that's a great idea michellem77! i've been meaning to have one made too but for cupcakes. thanks for showing me it can be done icon_biggrin.gif

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:06am
post #13 of 19

I got mine at linens and things ( maybe bed bath and beyond too?) but i am in canada so.... i saw them on the us website for a good price. hth!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:30am
post #14 of 19

Would love one!! I am so jealous icon_smile.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 4 May 2008 , 2:44pm
post #15 of 19

I'd like one also. But when you type in bakers rack, either craigs list or ebay, it brings up the tall pieces of furniture. Is there another name for them?

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:18pm
post #16 of 19

I typed in bun rack.

It took me to several places. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:58am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

I'd like one also. But when you type in bakers rack, either craigs list or ebay, it brings up the tall pieces of furniture. Is there another name for them?

Use "sheet pan rack".

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:18am
post #18 of 19

kimsmom, I have those racks they are awesome,I even put my pans on them.I got all mine at a flea market..

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:12am
post #19 of 19

Costco. Hands down the cheapest I've ever seen them. They even have the backs for the shelves so things can't slide off the back. They're near the car care stuff for some reason.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%