wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:32am
post #1 of

I am about to cry... I molded my cupstacking cups to the cups without wrapping them in plastic wrap.. will they "let go" of the cups after they dry?

I have the oven on warm with door open.. Will that melt them??? Ohhh please help I have spent sooo much time on these.. Due on Friday.. any advice or help welcome!!

icon_cry.gif

89 replies
CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:36am
post #2 of

Oh no.... I wish I knew... I really am clueless on this one.. Anyone else??

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:37am
post #3 of

Thanks Laura for the bump icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:41am
post #4 of

Has the fondant dried yet? have you thought about freezing it?

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:43am
post #5 of

its still not fully dry.. but see I really thought if I stuck it in the oven... with the door open and on warm it might dry them quicker... I don't know.. ya think the freezer might make them unstick? LOL

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:46am
post #6 of

If my fondant is sticky or the humidity is high, I use the freezer to unmold tappits and hard molds.. they release much easier.... but if the fondant is still soft you will need to transer it to a plastic covered cup as soon as it releases from the freezer... hope that made sense...

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:48am
post #7 of

Ok I made these yesterday... they had been in the oven since early this morning..

So I stick them in the oven... they release...pull them off and put them back on a cup right?? WRAPPED CUP that is LOL

fiddlesticks Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:51am
post #8 of

wgoat5...Wish I could help.. But I dont have a clue ! Im not even sure what you all are talking about ! Sorry !

nanahaley Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:51am
post #9 of

Did you use any Crisco on your fondant? I just made some cups but I greased my cups with Crisco and they came off OK. I just let them air dry naturally. Good luck!!

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:51am
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Ok I made these yesterday... they had been in the oven since early this morning..

So I stick them in the oven... they release...pull them off and put them back on a cup right?? WRAPPED CUP that is LOL

You mean freezer? yes.. If its a big piece it will take a few minutes..

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:52am

good point nanahaley... put some crisco on the plastic of the new cup..

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:55am

Yes I meant freezer!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot..going to do that now.. How long do you think I should keep them in there?

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:57am

How big is the piece? how thick? What exactly is the piece? lol

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:02am

They are cups.. about 5 inches high...I used the actual cup to mold the fondant cups to....but I cut the fondant a little shorter then the cup.. cause I thought they would slip right off.. I wrapped one cup.. must of got distracted and forgot the rest of them.. icon_sad.gif .. I did corn starch them though I know..

cupstacking cups.. like on the video I sent ya Laura

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:05am

ok, now I understand icon_confused.gif Leave them at least 10 minutes.. you might have to use scissors to cut the cup and help to loosen it...

mjballinger Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:06am

Ok, curiousity is getting the best of me.....good think I'm not a cat. Anyway, wgoat, could you please tell me what this cupstacking cup is? I may not be able to sleep until I find out.... icon_smile.gif Thank you!

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:08am

I can only imagine what you are thinking mj....... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:10am

Me to, would love to know ! I have been following this waiting for anyone to post what your all talking about ????

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:10am

Christi........ don't rush them, the freezer won't hurt them, and work fast when you remove them.. it will thaw quickly. Try twisting them to get the cup out too... I am trying to cover every possibility........

mjballinger Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:11am

lmao LJ. Seriously, though, do you know what it is?

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:13am
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjballinger

lmao LJ. Seriously, though, do you know what it is?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Yes, I finally got it... she is making fondant cups... just like drinking cups... so she covered the cups in fondant, and now they are stuck...... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I am laughing with her....... icon_wink.gif do you have any suggestions?

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:14am

Here you all go icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:14am

oops

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8602472107022912201

fiddlesticks Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:16am

Thanks for clearing that up ! I was worried you ladies had hit the bottle again! LOL! Good luck Christi !

wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:16am

Ok the one that was wrapped I got off before I stuck the other ones in the freezer...but it wasn't easy.. AND going to have to color some RI to touch up a crack GRRR .. so I hope the freezer will help to detach the others

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:16am

That is hysterical, but I still don't have a clue how it applys to fondant.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:18am

I mean cake.... what are you going to do with them?

fiddlesticks Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:19am

http://video.google.com/videop.....7022912201 I love watching that !!! so fun! Thanks !!!

CakesByLJ Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:19am

That pie is starting to get on my nerves now... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mjballinger Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:21am

LOL. Now I get it! Thanks for the video link!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%