Marble Cake Help!

Decorating By srodts Updated 24 Apr 2008 , 8:14pm by srodts

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 4

Ok. if this has been a post before please forgive me I looked but could not find one.
I have a wedding cake to do next month and she wants two on them to be marble cakes and I have done them before but have problems getting the marble all the way to the bottom or top when you flip it. Any advise? icon_redface.gif

3 replies
fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 4

The way I do a marble cake is I use Pillsbury white cake. I make it using 3 whole eggs and keep about 3/4 cup of the batter behind and add about 4 TBS of instant chocolate pudding mix then drop by tablespoonfuls then I take a fork and swirl it all around.

Hope that helps

Missy

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by srodts

Ok. if this has been a post before please forgive me I looked but could not find one.
I have a wedding cake to do next month and she wants two on them to be marble cakes and I have done them before but have problems getting the marble all the way to the bottom or top when you flip it. Any advise? icon_redface.gif

Make sure you swirl your knife deeper in the batter.

srodts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srodts Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much.

Someone once told me to make sure I dont touch the cake pan, cuz the cake will not come out of the pan is that true or no.?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%