Yet Again A Pricing/sizing Question For A Cross Cake Please

Decorating By aaversa Updated 5 May 2008 , 12:36am by aaversa

aaversa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aaversa Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 4

hello-
Yes it's been asked a thousand times but I was hoping you all could bear with me one more time.....

I've been asked to do a cake shaped as a cross to feed 40-50 people. My plan was to make it a two layer cake filled and frosted with BC.

Any thoughts on what size this should be and at what cost??

She also requested two cookie/bar trays that I have no idea how to price but I figure if I ask for help on that too I'll be pushing the limit!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

thanks - alexis

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 4

For the cross I would bake one each 12x16 or 18 and 12x8.
Each cake is cut in 1./2 long ways and stacked to be 4" tall. The 12x8 is also cut in 1/2; stacked and then cut in 1/2 again so each 1/2 goes on one side of the 12x16. Hope you understand thaticon_smile.gif
That should give you 60-70 or so servings - 1x2x4.
As for pricing this - I'd say no less than $1.75 per serving.....probably more.
I don't do much in the way of cookies so I'm not going to help w/pricing those - sorry.

laurakelly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurakelly2 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 3:11am
post #3 of 4

If you're using a 3D cross pan, I would charge $1.50 a serving. If you cover in fondant, I'd charge $2 a serving. If you're carving this yourself with a made-from-scratch recipe, I'd charge $2.50 - $3 a serving based on detail! Fondant or not....

aaversa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aaversa Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:36am
post #4 of 4

Thanks kakeladi I did just what you said with a 12x16 cake and it worked perfectly!! icon_biggrin.gif

here's a link to the picture:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1217106

thanks again for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%