Apple Blossom Flowers ?????

Decorating By poshcakedesigns Updated 18 Apr 2008 , 2:33am by Cake_Princess

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request to make a cake with apple blossom flowers on it. NEVER MADE THESE BEFORE IN MY LIFE. I went to the Wilton website and it said to make them on a nail head using a rose tip.

My question is do I put wax paper on the nail head like making a rose then let them set and then lift them off? The directions don't tell me that part.

Has anyone ever made these? Are they difficult? This cake would have over 50 of them.

Thanks[/quote]

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 4

usually they are made with royal icing, yes put a little piece of waxed paper down then pipe the flower, let dry till hard. They pipe really quickly so 50 shouldn't take too long.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much. So they are pretty easy to make? I hope I can make them using the directions off the Wilton site.

Thanks again for your reply.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 2:33am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshcakedesigns

My question is do I put wax paper on the nail head like making a rose then let them set and then lift them off? The directions don't tell me that part.

Thanks

[/quote]

Left them off the nail before they set. You can then you can place the wax paper on your flower formers this way they will dry with some dimension to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%