Using Baking Strips With 3-Inch Cake Pans

Decorating By rmelendrez Updated 20 Apr 2008 , 6:55am by dandelion56602

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 3:26am
post #1 of 7

Do I need to use two baking strips (I use Wilton's) when baking with 3-inch deep baking pans? I use one strip for all 2-inch deep pans. Thanks everyone!

6 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:38am
post #2 of 7

I have several sets of 3" cake pans, and I use them. In fact, I use them on ALL of my cake pans. I also use a flower nail...

Good luck,
Pat

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:55am
post #3 of 7

Are you asking if you need to wrap one on top of the other? I just use one & a flower nail & have had sucess. No need for 2 IMO

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:01am
post #4 of 7

Opps...maybe I misunderstood you...lol icon_razz.gif It's getting early... I have to use 2 sometimes just because one won't fit around the pan... It depends on how big it is. Then I just wrap it until it's snug and pin it...

Sorry...

Pat

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:39am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmelendrez

Do I need to use two baking strips (I use Wilton's) when baking with 3-inch deep baking pans? I use one strip for all 2-inch deep pans. Thanks everyone!

Are you referring to the width of the strips. I believe the Wilton strips are approx 1.5" wide. So are you asking if you need 2 of them to cover the 3" pan or are you asking if you can make longer strips by putting them end to end?

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:44am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmelendrez

Are you referring to the width of the strips. I believe the Wilton strips are approx 1.5" wide. So are you asking if you need 2 of them to cover the 3" pan or are you asking if you can make longer strips by putting them end to end?

Not longer strips and not 2 strips stacked top of each other, but 2 strips side-by-side so that the entire width is covered...many thanks for your help!!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 20 Apr 2008 , 6:55am
post #7 of 7

I still just use one & don't have a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%