Fresh Strawberry Filling

Decorating By Nette2007 Updated 24 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm by cakerygirl

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #61 of 67

Sorry if I seemed snippy. It wasn't meant that way. I can totally understand where you are coming from. If you do try it let me know how you like it. I did add a note about the possibility of using orange juice instead of liquer -- I just haven't tried it so i don't know exactly how it would end up flavor wise. The orange flavor will enhance the strawberry flavor if the right amount is used but if you use too much it becomes overpowering. The substitution shouldn't affect the thickening.

Dru329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dru329 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #62 of 67

Thank you!! Can't wait to try out this recipe icon_biggrin.gif

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 8:52pm
post #63 of 67

Sounds great and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing. icon_biggrin.gif

cake-angel Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 12:55am
post #64 of 67

You are so welcome!! I was actually suprised at first by how many pms I was getting over this recipe so I had to figure out a way to write it out so other people could follow it LOL!!

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:16am
post #65 of 67

Sorry, I guess this whole threads been about the other filling given at the start of the thread, but I just wanted to say that I chop up some strawberries VERY finely (and don't drain much of the juice off after I do this) then just put it in my KA with some buttercream. Everyone raves about how great it tastes as a filling in my WASC and buttercream cake. icon_smile.gif Of course, I refrigerate this as soon as everyone is done eating it (IF there are any leftovers, I have a big family that loves cake!icon_smile.gif )

cake-angel Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:22am
post #66 of 67

That sounds like a good filling too!! I like to try different things at different times. It depends on the flavors I am looking for in a particular cake. I often like the pure fruit fillings as a contrast to the sweetness of the cake and buttercream. the first time I made the strawberry filling I made a yellow cake and torted it and filled it with 2 layers of strawberry filling and one layer of dark chocolate mousse and iced with stabilized whipped cream. It was divine! It is fun to test flavors on my family!

cakerygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerygirl Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 1:23pm
post #67 of 67

This sounds good!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%