Strawberries Dipped In Cho That Looks Like Tux's

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm by MessiET

cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 12

Hey does anyone know where i can find the directions for the Strawberries that are dipped in white and dark chocolate that look like Tux's i need it for a Grooms cake, Thanks to all. Also do you think this will look right i want to do a 12in square cake and do the basket weave on it and stack a 8in rd on top of that and basket weave it but maybe put there inital on the rd and make it out of fondant would this be ok for the Grooms cake they really dont care what i do with it, i would like for it to look like a Grooms cake any ideals would help. And do you think that Sugarshakes BC icing can you do it in Chocolate as well???
Thanks

11 replies
HerBoudoir Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 12

Tuxedo strawberries are easy icon_smile.gif

Dip the strawberries in white chocolate first, getting a nice, even coating on them. Chill to set the white chocolate.

With the milk/dark chocolate. Holding the strawberry at an angle, dip about half so you get a diaganal line across the berry from the top to the bottom. Then change the angle the opposite way, to form the V shape.

With a brush or a toothpick, paint a little bow tie and buttons on.

cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 12

Thank you so much your a life saver, how did you hold them to dip in the white chocolate?? did you use a toothpick or what
Thanks

michellenj Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 12

You can either get the long stemmed strawberries and hold the stem, or just do your best with the little stem on regular strawberries. There might be specialty candy dipping tongs that you could buy online, ones that don't pierce the fruit.

cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

You can either get the long stemmed strawberries and hold the stem, or just do your best with the little stem on regular strawberries. There might be specialty candy dipping tongs that you could buy online, ones that don't pierce the fruit.




thanks i have candy tongs

HerBoudoir Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 12

I usually hold the hulls as best I can.

Also, you want to make sure the strawberries are perfectly dry when you dip them or the water can cause the chocolate to freeze on you.

For dipping chocolate, I usually buy good quality chocolate and melt it with about 3 Tablespoons of canola oil per pound of chocolate.

cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerBoudoir

I usually hold the hulls as best I can.

Also, you want to make sure the strawberries are perfectly dry when you dip them or the water can cause the chocolate to freeze on you.

For dipping chocolate, I usually buy good quality chocolate and melt it with about 3 Tablespoons of canola oil per pound of chocolate.




thanks, i usually use Geradellia?? but have used other choc before

mcdonald Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 12

I have only dipped strawberry's one time and the next morning I awoke to find them mushy. After you dip them do you have to put them in frig or leave them out???

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:46am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

I have only dipped strawberry's one time and the next morning I awoke to find them mushy. After you dip them do you have to put them in frig or leave them out???


Do you keep them in the fridge?

MessiET Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #10 of 12

How do you keep the strawberries from "weeping"... I find that about 3 hours after I coat them, little drops of juice start to come out of the strawberries.

I am making the groom's cake for my SIL next month and they want strawberries on the cake. I don't know how far in advance will be ok to make them... I don't want them to be dripping on the cake.

HerBoudoir Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:15pm
post #11 of 12

"At the very last minute possible".

Unfortunatley because so much depends on the condition of the berries, there's no really set time to how far in advance you make them.

Good quality in season berries helps. Refrigeration helps. But there are no guarantees.

MessiET Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 12:24pm
post #12 of 12

So, do you keep them in the fridge after you dip them and then place on the cake? Or is it best to keep them at room temperature after dipped in chocolate?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%