What Can I Do To Make This Baby Better?

Decorating By mariak Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 12:07pm by mariak

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 20

I made this baby to put on my son's first birthday cake. I am really happy with the bear but I am not satisfied with the baby. Sould I change the eyes, hair? What can I do to give him more expression? Should I just leave him alone? I will have a number one standing up behind him and the whole cake will be done in blues and browns. I would appreciate any help . Thanks!
LL

19 replies
yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 20

Oh my gosh he's cute! I cna't see anything that you could change. I say, step away from the baby! thumbs_up.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 20

Oh my! That's so cute!!! The only thing I would change about him is maybe to put a highlight dot of white on his eyes, it will just bring them to life a bit more, other than that IMO he's perfect!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 20

that's fabulous! Leave it as is!!!!!!!!!!

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 20

I would not change a thing...but if I did,I would put his "plug" in his hand. icon_biggrin.gif

TxBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxBlonde Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 20

I think it is just adorable! I wouldn't change anything.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:11pm
post #7 of 20

I think he is great too...I love all of it...the blanket, bear and baby...I would leave it other than the white in eyes too...

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 20

Too cute! My only suggestions would be to put a little white dot on the eyes to give them a little sparkle and maybe a little blush on the cheeks for color. Also, I donât know if it is just the angle, but the ears donât look aligned.

But like I said⦠TOO CUTE!

mariak Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm
post #9 of 20

Thanks everyone! I think I have been looking at him to long. I think I will put the white in his eyes and I was planning on putting a little blush on his cheeks but I forgot. I think it is the angle of the picture that is making the ears look uneven. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will post a pic when he is done and of the finished cake.

mariak Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:16pm
post #10 of 20

Okay everyone here he is. I think your suggestions made him so much better! I tried to get him to hold the pacifier but it just wouldn't stay. Thanks everyone again for all your suggestions.
LL

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:06pm
post #11 of 20

He turned out beautiful. icon_smile.gif

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #12 of 20

Absolutely perfect.

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:10pm
post #13 of 20

Just perfect! thumbs_up.gif

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #14 of 20

Is there a tutorial on how to make these darling babies? I am going to be a first time grandma in just a few weeks and want to make a cake for a welcom home. We wont know the sex until it is born so i need to make it gender friendly. Thank you for your help.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:56pm
post #15 of 20

He is so cute. anoldhippy, Lorraine (Aine2) has wonderful tutorials, go to her blog.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 8:32am
post #16 of 20

How adorable! You did a fantastic job! icon_smile.gif

Chrissy450 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrissy450 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 11:19am
post #17 of 20

Well done it looks great!
the extra white in the eyes turned out well and also with the blush on the cheeks really built that extra spark. thumbs_up.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 11:30am
post #18 of 20

That is absolutely gorgeuos and sooo cute. You can put a milk bottle on his other had. Just a suggesion.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #19 of 20

can I just say...awwww!!! He's adorable!

mariak Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 12:07pm
post #20 of 20

Thanks everyone! It is funny you should say that about the bottle bashini because when I was looking through the gallery at pictures of other babies my four year old saw one with a bottle and has been constantly asking me when I am going to give the baby his bottle. If it was for anyone else I would definitely put one on but since it is for my little boy who never took a bottle I decided not to. It would look cute though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%