Grr! Ton Of Stuff For Rained Out Bake Sale! Should I???

Decorating By acookieobsession Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 10:38pm by acookieobsession

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 3

icon_mad.gif So I am donating to the local skate park bake sale. I made 4 8" cakes, 13 cookies, and 5 Doz cupcakes (pks of 6 & 4).

So the cakes I know I can freeze until the rescheduled date of next sat. The cookies too.

However, what about the cupcakes? Can I scrape of the icing on top (one is a meringue) and freeze? Or should I take to local businesses and drop off? They are all ready packed with ribbon and everything.

I guess I could just make more cupcakes next week for the sale (probably not 5 doz though)!

Ugh! I think no more outdoor donations for me. I am out money, and time, with no exposure.

Tahnsk for your ideas...

Julia

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 3

Ooohhhhhh I feel your pain icon_sad.gif You WILL get some exposure next weekicon_smile.gif
I've not used meringue so I don't know how it would fz.
You might try fzing some of the cupcakes. My experince w/ccs are that the papers come loose w/fzn icon_sad.gif
Do you have much going on next wknd? I'd probably re-bake those.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 3

Well, I ended up taking the cupcakes to local businesses, with great success i think. I stumbled upon a realtor class where the leader put my website up on the overhead and asked me to persent myself to the class. What a shock. I gave them two boxes of cupcakes and lots of cards. I also met two owners (coffee shop and gift basket) that said I could call them back ina week to talk about wholesale products.

I will just rebake next weekend. Maybe I will try to make those cupcake pops from Martha Stewart this week.

Thanks for the ideas...

Julia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%