Help Please Bundt Cakes Sticking To Pan Like Glue

Decorating By noodlebug Updated 21 May 2008 , 8:51pm by awolf24

noodlebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noodlebug Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:51am
post #1 of 5

I am making 300 pineapple cream cheese poundcakes in non-stick bundt pans.

They are all sticking and I'm really close to tearsicon_sad.gif

I've tried to different kinds of commercial baking spray. The 2nd one specifically for baking.

I tried spraying the heck out of them and dusting with flour....NOTHING is working.

I've used the pans before to make pumpkin cakes and had no problems.

The recipe Im using has alot of sugar (3 cups per cake) I'm thinking thats the problem but I was hoping someone could give me some quick advice.

Im running out of time.

Thank you,
Tammy

4 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 4:43am
post #2 of 5

I would try some pan grease. Mix 1 cup flour, 1 cup shortening, and 1/2 cup veg oil. Use to grease pans. Works every time for me.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 4:49am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

I would try some pan grease. Mix 1 cup flour, 1 cup shortening, and 1/2 cup veg oil. Use to grease pans. Works every time for me.

I was about to make the same suggestion (except I use equal parts of all 3 ingredients).

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:00am
post #4 of 5

I have always had trouble with bundts, until I started using the recipe for pan release on here. Now I have no trouble.

If you don't want to make it, wilton sells it.'
Stephanie

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 5

I just made a bundt cake this weekend and had the same problem that it stuck - and I used CK pan grease! I thought that would work great and it didn't. Good thing it was for friends and I covered the worst of it up with glaze.

(FYI and off topic - it was the Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Lemon bundt recipe that is posted in the recipe section here on CC - FANTASTIC aside from the sticking issue. We had it with strawberries and homemade whipped cream. Yum...)

So the homemade pan grease recipe works better?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%