I Got A Website For My Brand New Business...

Business By lovetofrost Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 1:58am by indydebi

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 11

I was wondering if I could get some people to critique my new website, mainly I want some advice on the pricing. I did some research from a couple of local bakeries and I just want to make sure I'm within reason with my pricing. Thanks for all your help....I love this place. Sarah

10 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 11

I'd love to.. but I need a link.. icon_wink.gif

lovetofrost Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 11

sorry, my bad. celebrateitwithcake.com

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 11

So far it looks great! Could you please tell me how you did the deer head! I think I would be the best wife in the world if I could do that for my dh on fathers day!!!

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 11

I think it looks great. Love the top graphic.

Can you add more pics? And maybe a bio to make it a bit more personalized?

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:00pm
post #6 of 11

Sarah, I think it looks great so far... the header is AWESOME... the only thing that jumped out at me was your charge for character cake pans... 2.65 per serving for BC... I don't know where in GA you are, but I know being also in the SouthEast that is high for me.... I am not saying don't charge that, I just wondered if you COULD get that for one.... even your sheet cake prices are almost 3 times mine, so good on you if you can get that in my sister state, maybe I need to move to GA... icon_smile.gif

More pictures as you know but building a site means building it so keep on working at it, so far so good!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:36pm
post #7 of 11

I love your heading, very cute, fun, and festive!

*whispering* you aren't legally allowed to sell character pan cakes (at least Wilton), so it doesn't matter what you want to charge.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:30pm
post #8 of 11

I have my pans listed as character/shaped pans, but i DO NOT sell the licensed ones... I think the puppy and kitty and dolls are characters, at least I call them that icon_smile.gif Again, I think that is GREAT if you can get that pay for that stuff... you are off to a wonderful start on your site, good luck!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:36pm
post #9 of 11

you did a great job. i think the prices all depend on where you live and the competion in the area.

lovetofrost Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:08am
post #10 of 11

thanks all for the comments, please keep them coming. I do plan on adding more photos. How do you all deal with the character pans issues- I never thought of that. Also, what do you all charge for the sheet pans and such. I just went to the website of a bakery around the corner from me and went a little under or even with their pricing. They seem to be pretty steady with business. Thanks for the comments on my logo...I'll tell my hubby, he's the designer. Any other tidbits of advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:58am
post #11 of 11

I also love your header! Very bright and colorful. The site is easy to move thru and the info is easy to find. If I was forced to make a suggestion, it might be to suggest approx number of servings on your sheet cakes. If I wasn't in the cake business, I'd have no idea how big a 1/2 sheet or a full sheet was .... and most cake civilians, while they use the terms freely, have no idea either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%