Poured Fondant??

Decorating By VannaD Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 5:23am by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 2

Making a Bridal Shower cake this weekend and had a few questions about poured fondant. I searched it but only found a few pics and a recipe, its a great mystery to me. Im wondering is this something i can cover my entire cake with? is it tasty? how is it compared to regular fondant, easier or harder? Does it cover the imperfections in the cake better or worse than reg fondant? Ill take any other info about it as well, thanks for the help!

1 reply
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 5:23am
post #2 of 2

I have an old decorating book that I bought at a discount store and that's where I actually first heard of poured fondant. Unfortunately I haven't tried it yet. I'm sorry that I can't answer most of your questions, but as far as looks and technique go, it reminded me of pouring chocolate ganache over a cake. It will hide some minor imperfections, I think. Maybe you can pour once and wait for it to dry and then do a second coating - I'm not sure.

Hopefully this will bump your post up and someone else who has some experience in this medium can help you out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%