Cake Stencils

Decorating By nancylynwallace Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 6:33pm by nancylynwallace

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:52am
post #1 of 8

I have a set of smaller stencils with cursive writing that says Happy Birthday, Congratulations...etc. I really like how they look, but on a larger cake, they get lost. Is there somewhere that I can buy a larger set like that? They are really helpful to me because my freehand isn't really that great (I'm left handed). I know practice makes perfect, but in the mean time I need to cheat a little.

Thanks,
Nancy

7 replies
mbh724 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbh724 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 8

I have a lot of trouble writing on cakes too - for some reason, I thought I'd be good at it. Not sure why I'm not but I'm left-handed too. Where did you get the stencils you have? I'd like to try them.

nancylynwallace Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 8

I got them at Michael's Arts and Craft Store. They have a big Wilton Collection and I love it! If you can't find them, let me know and I will get in touch with you, get them for you and ship them to you. They are very inexpensive...about $ 6.00 - give or take a dollar.

Nancy

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 8

culinarystencils.com has a very wide selection of stencils for cake and cookie decorating.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 8

Are those the one's you use with sugar crystals or confectioner's sugar? Can you trace it with buttercream icing?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 8

What about using royal or chocolate for writing? You can print out what you want to put on the cake from your computer and cover the paper with wax paper and use that to make your letters. You can even do a royal icing placque.

Just some ideas until you get the practicing in and get your handwriting down.

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 8

Pastrylady -

That's an awesome website...all my dollars are going to go to culinarystencils this week!

Thanks for sharing the link!

Kim

nancylynwallace Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 8

I imprint it and then write with buttercream icing

Nancy

p.s. Thanks to everyone!! Thank you pastrylady for the website!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%