Williams-Sonoma Bee Hive Cake

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 27 Mar 2008 , 10:58am by wendydou

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone used this pan yet? I got it for my birthday and want to use it but I am looking for any tips and tricks. Thanks everyone!!

7 replies
golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't used it...hadn't even seen it until now. It's super cute! I would think it would be hard to ice it and not lose the details, however you could always recreate those with fondant or icing. Definitely post a picture of what you make. It really is a cute pan. I do love that Williams Sonoma, lol!

msmanning2 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 8

I know. I thought the same thing. I think I am going to cover it in fondant and make the bee's from the fondant as well. I will post a pic soon.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:55am
post #4 of 8

I just did a beehive cake for my son's 1st birthday. Below is the picture. Good luck and let me know if you need any hints.

Loriana (Lisa)
LL

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 8

I am in the middle of making Debbie Brown's busy bee hive cake. I baked it today, and will be carving and covering it tomorrow. I'll let you know if I learn anything that might helpful - and I'll post a pic, too.

Good luck!

msmanning2 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 8

Loriana - Did you use the Williams-Sonoma pan or did you carve it out yourself? It is so very cute!!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:32am
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much!

Actually I carved it myself and it didn't take much carving. It was an 8", 6" pan and an aluminum mixing bowl that was about 5" in diameter.

I baked the cakes and baked cake in the mixing bowl, first spraying it with non-stick spray and flowering it. I thinkly buttercreamed and stacked the leveled cakes then refrigerated firm. The only carving necessary one stacking all three was just to get some curves to the edges. Hope that helps!

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 10:58am
post #8 of 8

I made the beehive pan cake.. I used their recipe (not crazy over it).. I with the bees weren't on the side of the cake, but otherwise pretty easy, but hard to cut!!

good luck!
Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%