I Beg You Guys To Help Me!!!!!!

Business By SweetDelights_1991 Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 2:50am by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

SweetDelights_1991 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights_1991 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:55am
post #1 of 11

Can someone tell me how 2 make a cake bussines website? I have a bussiness and i dnt know hot to make my own web site...... Plsss help me... icon_cry.gif Thanks in advance

Quote:
Quote:

10 replies
Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:02am
post #2 of 11

I use www.zoomshare.com
It's free for limited pages or you can upgrade to unlimited for $6.95 a month.
Mine is www.macscakes.zoomshare.com not totally business but it will be next month.
Hope that helps--it's pretty easy to follow.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:02am
post #3 of 11

I used a company at homestead.com they have tons of ready to use templates and will also design it for a reasonable price.

Be sure you have a legal business, before you advertise with a website.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:04am
post #4 of 11

I don't think there is one easy answer to this.

There are many places you can go to buy a website domain & name. I got mine from http://www.godaddy.com. There are also places/people who build web sites for you for a fee.

I think you need to be a little more specific about what you need. There is a LOT to building a web site - nothing that anyone could tell you all in one answer.

Good luck.

Abrac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abrac Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:09am
post #5 of 11

I originally used a company called website pros, $90 a month. Setup, monthly siye management & Google listigns , etc were included. But now i use yahoo, i managment it myself. I will say that they had a more professional look. I got lots of compliments. But, your photgraphy will be your most important issue. I wish you the best of luck.

SweetDelights_1991 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:30am
post #6 of 11

awwwwwwww my god thank you all 4 doing what u could 2 help.....

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:34am
post #7 of 11

the site that I use is VERY easy...it's freewebs.com

they have ready made templates to use, easy to upload photos, and VERY self explanatory on how to add in information. Hope this helps!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:40am
post #8 of 11

I'd also recommend GoDaddy.com because you can do EVERYTHING right there. I have their "Website Tonight" and it's super simple to use the only thing to remember is to keep your pics to less than 150 dpi so it loads at a reasonable pace. I think it's around $160 that I pay for the entire year of hosting and website building. They've got great customer service as well which is another selling point, you can call them and the people they have answering the phone are GREAT!!! (and you can understand them even if there is one with a VERY slight accent).. It's a lot better price wise to go with multiple years right away than it is to just get a year and see how it goes. I've got dialup and it still works great for me.

SweetDelights_1991 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 6:00am
post #9 of 11

Well thanks 4 the info lets see what can i do and if anything comes ^ i come by and ask again thanks alot. thumbs_up.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:05pm
post #10 of 11

We used TemplateMonster to get our template and use Go Daddy for the hosting. There are a lot of ways to at least get a website up. You can ALWAYS change it later. We've changed mine many times.

GL!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:50am
post #11 of 11

I always like to jump in and say how much I like Register.com - it is how I built my business and while I did know a little bit of code it was nothing near enough to do this on my own so the templates where wonderful. I can't say if they are the best because I haven't seen some of these others but I have been very pleased with the ease in using the builders for mine and think it's pretty reasonable for the 20 page website that I have. I didn't even use all 20 pages so they really do go a long way. Good Luck!

Tammi icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%