If Bought Online Can Dusts Be Shipped?

Decorating By Taigen Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 6:42pm by BROOKSIE007

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 11

Hi...I have started a few threads lately in regards to not being able to purchase some of the wonderful things I see you all use (tips, cutters, matts, oils, dusts etc,) here in Canada. Many of you have said I should order certain things online etc. and my question is....On certain Canadian sites it states that luster dusts or super luster dust are not available in Canada as they are not yet FDA approved....so if I order them online through the US...will they ship them to me and will customs let them in?
Any thoughts?

10 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 11

if the company you are ordering from is on the ball then they shouldn't be sell to you if they are illegal in your area. Then again, many don't know where there legal and where they aren't, so you could try, but there is no saying that they wouldn't be picked up coming through customs

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 11

I imagine that they'd make it thru customs just fine, but you can always order from a Canadian company. Geraldine Randlesome and her DH Alan run Creative Cutters in Toronto and they carry All types of dusts

http://www.creativecutters.com

Also, check with Global Sugar Arts. They're in Plattsburg, NY and I'd bet that they've had to deal with Canadian customers quite frequently, too.

HTH
Rae

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:12am
post #4 of 11

I agree check with Geraldine Randlesome at creative cutters. I know she carries the dust and this will save you on shipping also.
Good luck

canoewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canoewoman Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:15am
post #5 of 11

I ordered mine from Cake Central. Received them no problem.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:28am
post #6 of 11

love creative cutters! They sent us a free sample of fondant too... it was pretty tasty.

kellycakes4949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycakes4949 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:32am
post #7 of 11

I live in Ontario and have ordered luster dust a few times off of this site. It has been shipped to me with no problems.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:53am
post #8 of 11

I ordered dusts, colours and flavours and they all made it through customs here. I reckon if they made it into Ireland it should not be a problem. I was afraid they would remove them from the order but no came through no problems!

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:11pm
post #9 of 11

Thank you everyone for the replies. I'm going to try creative cutters. I really appreciate your thoughts on this.
Taigen

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:37pm
post #10 of 11

I too have ordered dust several times through US stores online...Never have been refused!!!

BROOKSIE007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BROOKSIE007 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:42pm
post #11 of 11

I order all my dusts from here, http://www.candylandcrafts.com/. Great place. You can check with them about shipping. But they are a really great
company! icon_wink.gif [/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%