Feeling A Little Sad :(

Decorating By 3beattieboys Updated 7 Jan 2007 , 5:03am by lilie

3beattieboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3beattieboys Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:47am
post #1 of 25

I don't know how to put this without sounding like I am feeling sorry for myself. I just love this website and all the talent in it. I am not a professional baker, I don't sell any cakes...I just bake cakes for my family. Family have to tell you that your cakes look good. The last few cakes I have posted have not had any member comments on them...good or bad. I have only been decorating cakes for a year, I have only taken the Wilton level 1 class...and all the cakes I have posted are the only cakes I have ever made. Most of what I have learned, I have learned from the well of knowledge provided from Cake Central. I was very proud of my last post...the first time I have attempted a cupcake cake....and nothing. Is it the time of day I post it? I am always so excited after decorating a cake that I post late at night after I have finished decorating it. My DH says I am insecure. I know there are thousands of cakes posted on the website and it is impossible to acknowledge them all. Everyone here is so good at what they do, have great ideas and are very supportive of each other. I love Cake Central. I am not looking for people to come and eww and aww over my cakes...just wanted to share.

24 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:53am
post #2 of 25

People can't comment on your cakes because you don't have that option turned on. Go to your profile and select it the people can leave comments on hour photos. If you have problems doing it pm me and I'll see if I can help you.

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:53am
post #3 of 25

So I went to take a look at your pics, (YOU HAVE GREAT TALENT!) and it seems as though comments are not allowed. You have to go to the left side of the screen and under My Forum Info, there should be a question that asks if you want to allow users to comment on your photo. Check yes and then I'm sure the comments will be pouring in! I know how it feels when you post something and look forward to responses and it takes awhile. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Looking forward to commenting on your pics!!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:54am
post #4 of 25

The problem is there is no spot on your pictures to add comments. Do you have your settings set right?
Jacqui

P.S.
I looked at your pictures and they are fabulous!!!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:54am
post #5 of 25

That is sad and I owe you an apology. I am guilty of going to the gallery and looking for cakes that I have a special interest in, wedding cakes or gumpaste flowers. I make very few cakes for children now that my own and my grandchildren are nearly all grown. So after reading your post I went to look at your cakes and I see that many of them are for children. No excuse, just a thin explanation. Having said that, you have some great looking cakes there, especially the Spidey cake with the skyscrapers. Don't stop posting photos, because you have an artistic touch and should be proud of your creations. Ah, well now I feel a little better, if you don't click on to allow people to comment there is no way to do that. I think you can go to your history or your profile to change that setting.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:55am
post #6 of 25

Sweetie, no one can comment on your cakes because you don't have that option open. You have to go to your Forum Info & open that option.

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:55am
post #7 of 25

Ok....you big goober! You can tell that your cakes are awesome, because SOOOOO many people have them as favorites. You have your preferences set up to not allow comments! icon_razz.gif

Go in to your "My Forum Info" and you'll find where to fix this.

qwww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qwww Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #8 of 25

Your cakes are very nice. But I think you need to enable the option for people to leave comments icon_smile.gif
At this time, even if we wanted to we cannot leave any comments.
Turn on the option and just wait for the comments to flow - Good Luck !!

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #9 of 25

HI! I just wanted to let you know your cakes are beautiful, but the reason for no posts is that you need to go under your forum info on the left at the homepage and change your settings to allow comments on your photos. That happened to me in the begining too. Once again your cakes are truly great, I love the spiderman one, wow that wa a lot of detail. icon_smile.gif
Ang

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #10 of 25

Your cupcake pic was posted so that we aren't able to make comments. If you go to your forum info and turn on your preference for comments you'll get feedback. And by the way, you've nothing to feel insure about. I put your golfer over the hill cake into my favs. when you posted it!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #11 of 25

Check yes to have member make comments on your photo's~ Your cakes are very good by the way!!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #12 of 25

Lovey you have to enable the ability to comment in your profile! icon_biggrin.gif

And as a compliment look in my photos....I totally use dyour spiderman design for my superman cake for my boys!!

Cheer up hon,,,,and enable those comments!

Julia

qwww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qwww Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #13 of 25

Your cakes are very nice. But I think you need to enable the option for people to leave comments icon_smile.gif
At this time, even if we wanted to we cannot leave any comments.
Turn on the option and just wait for the comments to flow - Good Luck !!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:58am
post #14 of 25

Ok, you got plenty of help & it seems all at about the same time!! See everyone is one big family! Now we'll make comments on your cakes~ icon_smile.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:59am
post #15 of 25

Holy cow..10 comments in 2 mins....aren't we a typy bunch!!

Julia

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 3:59am
post #16 of 25

As a Gallery Supporter - I apologize! Just to let you know I've been looking at all the "uncommented" photos today & tonight and am having trouble - it's real slow and keeps booting me out (timing me out). Weekends are a busy time to try and keep up with all the posts.
That's not an excuse though and when I first started posting photos, I had the same feelings as you are having now. By the way, I love your birthday cake to your MIL with the little yellow flowers. All your cakes show a great deal of talent and keep up the good work thumbs_up.gif
P.S.: as the others have told you, check the settings in your info page to allow others to post comments on your cakes.

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:00am
post #17 of 25

I forgot.. also make sure that you check yes to everything else..... emails, newsletters & all~ That way you'll know when someone makes a comment on you pics or when someone answers a question you posted~

3beattieboys Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:12am
post #18 of 25

So it appears that I am not only insecure...but a moron!! I have gone into my profile and said "yes" to everything. I had no idea!!! Thank you everyone for such a quick and kind repsonses!!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:17am
post #19 of 25

LOL icon_sad.gif NO your aren't a moron!! You just haven't had time to figure out how to navigate CC yet~ Now that you said YES to everything we can comment~ icon_smile.gif

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:18am
post #20 of 25

Oh don't worry, all better now right? icon_smile.gif ONce again nice cakes!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:20am
post #21 of 25

You'll be getting plenty of comments now, your cakes are awsome!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:21am
post #22 of 25

You're going to get bombarded with emails now!! icon_smile.gif

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:27am
post #23 of 25

So glad you started this post tonight! Your cakes are awesome and it's a shame you felt so bad for even a minute that no one was commenting on them!

But you can easily tell by the number of people who saved them as favorites that everyone enjoys your creations!

3beattieboys Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 4:32am
post #24 of 25

LOL!! My computer keeps dinging at me with new e-mails!!! I am so embarrased! Thanks for your kind comments and for cheering me up!

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 7 Jan 2007 , 5:03am
post #25 of 25

Awesome!
Simply awesome!
You have wonderful cakes and I wish I have the talent you have!!!
Keep bringing the beauty of your talent to us!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%