I Just Ordered My Successful Stacking Dvd From Sugarshack!!!

Decorating By gingersoave Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 10:31pm by sugarshack

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:45am
post #1 of 38

Thank you SHARON (Sugarshack) for the wonderful DVD's. Just when I thought I couldnt possibly learn anymore info-BAM!! I've been doing cakes for 15 years and I feel like a new woman with all my new knowledge from Sharon's DVD's!!!!! I have the flawless fondant and the buttercream DVD's and have watched both 2 times, unreal at all the new info I learned. The icing is so YUMMY!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Sharon!!!!! Your DVD's are professional, your kitchen is dreamy and you are simply adorable.

Can't wait to get the Successful Stacking DVD in April.

Ginger

37 replies
VickiChicki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiChicki Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 38

Can you give information regarding how to purchase these DVD's
Thanks so much!

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 12:23pm
post #3 of 38

Here is her webpage, just click on order DVD's. I have learned SOOO much (and I "thought" I couldnt learn any more info!!)

http://hometown.aol.com/szcakes/myhomepage/index.html

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 38

She also sells the tools that she uses in the DVD. I bought the Bash-n-chop scraper, the impression mat and the tool to help stack the cakes. She sells more things but I was hoping after 15 years of doing this I would have these tools, but WOW the info I learned is amazing. She also shows how to make her buttercream icing. I'll try and find her utube info.

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 38

Here's Sugarshacks Youtube video on how to make her buttercream icing, its SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!! And it makes a TON of icing!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 38

I pre ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to get it. Stacking cakes over 2 high still scares me to death. I also have her other two DVD's and love them and you too Sharon.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 38

Ack! I didn't even know she was taking preorders! I just ordered mine as well...Sugarshack (Sharon), I swear I'll purchase whatever teaching tool you put out! Whoo hoo!!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 38

Holy cow! Sharon is on a roll with her DVDs! Thanks for posting because I didn't even know she had one about stacking. Off to check it out.......

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:40pm
post #9 of 38

After I ordered the buttercream DVD, I got an e-mail about pre-ordering the fondant DVD, which I did and now have viewed many times, but I haven't received an e-mail about pre-ordering this one?? Will this be sent, or am I best to go to her site and do it that way?? Thanks.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:53pm
post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1970

After I ordered the buttercream DVD, I got an e-mail about pre-ordering the fondant DVD, which I did and now have viewed many times, but I haven't received an e-mail about pre-ordering this one?? Will this be sent, or am I best to go to her site and do it that way?? Thanks.

See?! That's what I was waiting for, too. Oh well, no harm done icon_lol.gif

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 3:55pm
post #11 of 38

I just ordered the buttercream DVD and I can't wait to get it!! Thanks for the info!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:24pm
post #12 of 38

have her BC dvd and I LOVE IT!!! I am now going to have to get the DVD on stacking. I did a Sweet Sixteen for my Neice in Jan. and had a lot of trouble stacking...to the point I was about to cry lol.

I also did a Sweet Sixteen yesterday and had trouble stacking it and it was just a 1 layer 6in. round cake. My Neice's was a 2 layer 6in. round on a 8in. round.

So, I am going to have to order her new dvd on stacking, then maybe I can learn to whip this stacking trouble, I am having.

Sharon you ROCK it Lady!!!! Thanks for all the help you have giving to me with these dvd's and the info you share here on CC.

God Bless,
Sharon

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 5:19pm
post #13 of 38

So glad you posted this. I really need the fondant and stacking DVD's.

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:23pm
post #14 of 38

Sharon said the Stacking DVD is in the editing process and will be shipping late April. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:25pm
post #15 of 38

Just one more thing~ WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!! I learned SOOO much and the techniques seem simple, I would have never guessed at some of her tricks that are so easy like how to fix an air bubble in the fondant, filling a cake the proper way to prevent bulges, I just can't rave enough!!!!

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:33pm
post #16 of 38

Sorry for all the posts, I just got the below email from Sharon talking about her new stacking DVD. I hope I'm allowed to include this in the posts.

ginger

Hello Sugar Friend!

I hope this email finds you well. Here is an update on the happenings at SugarEd Productions.

SUCCESSFUL STACKING PREORDER NOW!

I am pleased to announce that our last production in the 3 part basic skills series, Successful Stacking, is nearly ready. We are taking pre-orders now at a special reduced price. Successful Stacking is scheduled to ship late April.

Learn how to stack your cakes using a method which minimizes the damage done to the icing, and allows for very small borders ( or no borders) without your support boards showing.

Please visit this web page for all the detailed information:

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/Successful_Stacking_DVD.html

Successful stacking tools also available:

Also available now is the small palette knife used in this DVD. This invaluable tool is used during the stacking process itself to help transfer the tiers, also to repair the small flaws that occur when stacking, and during the bonus section on stenciling. I also use it for many other things, on every single cake I make. I could not live without that little knife!

Coming soon are the stencils used in the bonus section as well.

If you pre-order both the DVD and the palette knife together ; they will ship at the same time in late April.

If you order the stacking DVD, but also want other DVD's or the tools used in them, please place 2 separate orders. If not, the entire order will be held until late April when Successful Stacking ships out.

FONDANT TOOLS BACK IN STOCK!

---The fondant tool set ( 2 crimpers, 4 embossers and tracing wheel ) are finally back in stock! Thank you for your patience in waiting for them! Now you can create the special effects shown in the lagniappe sections of Flawless Fondant.

--- I also at this time have a very limited supply of fondant smoothers and the fabric and floral roller set. However, I have another large order of these items on the way as well.

Please visit:

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/Fondant_DVD.html

Please remember to order your buttercream and fondant DVDs and tools as a separate order from your Successful Stacking order.

I thank you as always for your patronage. I hope SugarEd Productions is providing you with the educational tools you desire. Please feel free to write me anytime with questions or comments. I value your opinion!

Sweet regards,

Sharon Zambito

SugarEd Productions, LLC
www.sugaredproductions.com

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:51pm
post #17 of 38

Thanks Ginger!

you are so kind with all of your nice words!

Emails went out a little while ago about pre-ordering!

I think the stacking DVD has some cool tricks in it! Go borderless if you want !

Thank you all for your continued support!

HUGS

sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:53pm
post #18 of 38

Ginger, every time I see your avatar I think of Who's the Boss.... Judith Light. ( you are both beautiful)

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 7:01pm
post #19 of 38

Judith Light, not bad, I'll take it!!! I am all the time getting stopped and told I look like Sarah Jessica Parker!! So that's a new one, must be the crazy avitar, ha ha

sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 7:39pm
post #20 of 38

I Love Judith so take it as a high compliment! icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:45pm
post #21 of 38

OH MY GOSH Sugarshack, that's who I told my DH she looked like a few months back and he thought I was crazy until he saw he avatar. Man I loved that show growing up.

sugarshack Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:51pm
post #22 of 38

SEE! It's not just me! LOL

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

gingersoave Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 10:52pm
post #23 of 38

icon_redface.gifthumbs_up.gif

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:05pm
post #24 of 38

Sharon,

What is your next dvd going to be about? I vote for gumpaste Bows and Ribbons icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:29pm
post #25 of 38

Ok, DH just told me I had to order the stacking dvd. He helped me stack the 2 top tiers for me in December for a wedding cake and that was enough to give him a heart attack. However, he told me afterwards "what a rush, I want to learn this." Yes, coming over to the dark side. icon_lol.gif

sugarshack Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:06am
post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKIA6

Sharon,

What is your next dvd going to be about? I vote for gumpaste Bows and Ribbons icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

next one? icon_surprised.gif

LOL 3 In 6 months 'bout killed me! ROFL icon_razz.gif

but seriously, after a nice long break, another one will be coming; bows and ribbons are on the list.

Thanks!

sugarshack Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:07am
post #27 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

Ok, DH just told me I had to order the stacking dvd. He helped me stack the 2 top tiers for me in December for a wedding cake and that was enough to give him a heart attack. However, he told me afterwards "what a rush, I want to learn this." Yes, coming over to the dark side. icon_lol.gif

friggin' hilarious! I love it!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:32am
post #28 of 38

gingersoave...I must agree with every word you've said! I cannot recommend Sharon's DVD's enough! Just when I thought I had cakes "under my belt", I popped in Sharon's BC DVD and was blown away! I also have the fondant DVD (and I don't even do fondant cakes), and am now going to give it a whirl! She makes it look so easy...and it has given me the confidence to try!

I'm also going to pre-order the stacked cakes DVD...and can't wait! Thanks so much, Sharon!

VickiChicki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiChicki Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:56am
post #29 of 38

THANKS so much for sharing all this info! I will check it out immediately. I am ALL ABOUT learning all the new tricks of the trade and can't wait to see these!

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:37am
post #30 of 38

hmm I wonder if she would give a discount if I bought all 3 at once. I really want these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%