Mini-Cakes

Decorating By fabfour Updated 22 Feb 2008 , 9:13pm by leily

fabfour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabfour Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 3

I have an upcoming wedding order for 125 3-inch mini-cakes plus an 8 inch top cake for the bride and groom to cut. I met with the bride and groom yesterday to comfirm and receive deposit. They don't want a two layer filled, they just want one layer 3 inch round individual cakes. The only pans I have right now is single pans the ones you buy at Hobby Lobby that come 3 in a pack they are 3 1/2 inches and they also have slanted sides. I would like to buy something with straight up and down sides plus bake more than one at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking and would the springform pans work? I found some that are for cheesecakes would those work or not?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Missy

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 3

They have an excellent set of minis at global sugar arts.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 3

If you are looking for straight sided pans I highly suggest magic line pans.

However for 125 mini cakes I would suggest getting a sheet pan and then baking it as one then doing cut outs of the cakes. If you bake a 12x18 you would be able to get at least 15 cakes (if not more if you staggered the cuts) from each sheet cake. Otherwise you would have to get a lot of 3" pans to bake all of these. Would that be a good investment? would you use them a lot? if not then I would suggest cutting out of sheet cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%