Newbie And My First Cake!

Decorating By jaimie41 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm by jaimie41

jaimie41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaimie41 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 13

Hello everyone! Ive been lurking about for a few weeks here. Until this past week-end I had never made anything more than your average box cake slathered with frosting from a tub. Thanks to all the great tips and helpful info here, I made this guitar cake for my daughters 19th birthday. Everyone was impressed and are encouraging me to move forward with cake decorating...I dont know.What do u think?

12 replies
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 13

Your cake looks great!! Definitely keep decorating! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 13

You have a lot of natural talent there Lady!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Keep going, you can only get better!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Beats the strings off my 1st cake by far!!!!!!!!!

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 13

Your first cake looks better than my 50th. Keep going!!! You will be a superstar!

mommy2owen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2owen Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 13

I sure can't tell it's your first cake. Great job! icon_biggrin.gif

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 13

WOW! It's a great cake.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:13pm
post #7 of 13

Your first cake! You are amazing! I bet your daughter just loved it. Keep at it, you've got what it takes!

dbmiller02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbmiller02 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 13

Great job on your cake! Have confidence in yourself to dive into decorating. I am having so much fun and learning so much from CC!

Michelle

mdelmauro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdelmauro Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:19pm
post #9 of 13

Cake looks great - for a first timer you sure have a lot of natural talent. Keep going you'll only get better and have more confidence and fun!!!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 13

Wow thats not to shabby!!!! You're braver than I am, I did'nt even attempt to pipe strings on my guitar cake, I cheated and used fishing line.
You did a great job, and like everyone else says keep going you can only get better!!! Plus if its something you love to do than keep doing it!

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 13

Girllllllllllll....I wish my first truly decorated cake looked as half as good as yours did...You got it...Strunt yourself...Got it going on... icon_rolleyes.gificon_cool.gif

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm
post #12 of 13

Ooh, I love how you shaped it. The black is awesome, the details of the knobs and musical notes are killer. Your overall is very smooth. Jealous!

jaimie41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaimie41 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #13 of 13

Awww.... Yall have me blushing here! And I just thought it was "Eh, just ok". Im taking a cake decorator class this Jan. I did absolutely love making the cake so we'll see where it takes me. I have to reiterate...I spent a LOT of time reading here before I attempted it. I think that helped me. Thanks for the encouragement-that goes a long way in keeping me motivated!
~Jaimie~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%