I Didn't Literally Mean "give Me A Break"........

Decorating By lionladydi Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 9:34am by lionladydi

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 19

It just hasn't been my day. Before going to bed last night I laid out all my ingredients, greased and floured my pans, set out all my utensils, put my tips on my bags........I was ready to rock and roll when I got up this morning. Well, I woke at 4:30 and decided I might as well get going. I had a three tier 50th anniversary cake to bake. Nothing fancy. Just used cake mixes with extenders. Mixed the first one and put it in a 10" and a 6". Timer went off and I jumped up from my PC and ran into a magazine rack and broke my toe.

Things have gone steadily downhill since. Made the 8" layers and 6 cupcakes with chocolate cake mix/extender. That went fine. Did the second batch of white with the 10" and 6" layers. 10" layer split in half when I took it out of the pan. Decided I would put it on the bottom and glue it together so I attempted to take the first 10" layer off the cake board. You got it.......split right in half. Back to the drawing board...........

Meanwhile, three grandsons woke up for breakfast. They knew better than to give me any trouble when they saw the split cakes and my broken toe. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Promised to make cupcakes for their Halloween party at church so that was next. Had them cooling and started decorating the anniversary cake. Every time I tried to make a rose, my hand cramped up (I'm on new medication and think that is what it is).

By the time my daughter got here with the other grandkids I was ready to cry. I had the dishwasher full of dirty dishes and she was smart enough to wash the rest without complaining. icon_lol.gif

Iced the cupcakes and my granddaughter helped unwrap the candy body parts to put on them. The three year old decided the best thing he could do was lick all the scrapers and snatch a cupcake to smear everywhere.

I'm headed to the couch with an icepack and thinking seriously about a margarita to help with the pain of this coal black toe. Soooo....two broke cakes, one broke toe, and a severely damaged spirit..........I'm hoping the money for the anniversary cake will make it all better. thumbs_up.gif

Have a good weekend............

Diane

18 replies
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 19

So sorry your day has been so bad. I'm sure the $$ will make everything worth it...except maybe the broken toe. As the proud owner of 7 broken toes (1 of them FOUR times!!!) I feel your piggy pain.

Cheers!!!

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 19

I'm feeling for you! Sending positive HEALING thoughts your way. Hang in there! icon_smile.gif

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 19

I'm so sorry for bad day, its strange how when one thing goes wrong, everything goes wrong. I know its happened to me too, thank goodness I didn't have to decorate cakes with a broken toe though. Take it easy, you deserve it.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 19

Ahhh Diane,That sucks!!! I feel your pain about the toe though...I did the same thing last summer on the deck stairs..could hardly walk for a week!!! Sit down ..have a drink and relax!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 19

Oh, you poor baby! icon_eek.gif

Margarita sounds fine to me (it's gotta be 5:00 pm. somewhere). icon_wink.gif

ladyhawk1nlm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyhawk1nlm Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 19

Sorry your day went so bad.. But now that everything is done, sit back put your feet up. Have several margarita's...I know that always helps with my pain...I am also the owner of 10 broken bone"s through the yrs ....

lionladydi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm
post #8 of 19

Thanks for the sympathy guys........it helps as does this frozen raspberry margarita. The little piggy that had none is crying all the way home. icon_cry.gif

This is my fifth time with a broken toe. Kicked my ex husband and broke two back when I was 19 (wow.........that's almost 40 years ago). Still feel the pain though. icon_lol.gif (From the toes and the ex husband icon_lol.gif )

You guys are great...............

Diane

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 19

LOL at from the toes and the ex husband
I am sorry about your day, hope tomorrow goes much better for you.

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:36pm
post #10 of 19

So sorry... Tell you what, take your cake money, hobble or limp to the nearest bar and make your cake/toe pain go away. I hear after 3-5 drinks a broken toe starts to look reeeaal good icon_wink.gif .

lionladydi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 19

Drank my two margaritas, took a hot shower, and laid on the couch with my foot elevated and drooled over Clint Eastwood in Bridges of Madison County. I've seen it a dozen times and I cry every time.

DD just called from their Halloween party and said my cupcakes are a huge success so that makes it worth it I guess. At least the grandkids will think Grandma is okay. icon_lol.gif Amazing how a little icing and some candy body parts come together to make something that pleases the kids.

My football team (MIZZOU) won today so that makes my toe better also. icon_lol.gif

Diane thumbs_up.gif

ladyhawk1nlm Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:36am
post #12 of 19

OH OH....lionladydi..i just seen that you are from MO..thats my home but i'm up here in mass...sorry to everyone that lives in mass.. i hate it here..How the weather back home..i cant wait to come back at xmass.. I still have all my family there...

lionladydi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:45am
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhawk1nlm

OH OH....lionladydi..i just seen that you are from MO..thats my home but i'm up here in mass...sorry to everyone that lives in mass.. i hate it here..How the weather back home..i cant wait to come back at xmass.. I still have all my family there...

Where in Missouri do you call home? I'm in Willow Springs which is 80 miles southeast of Springfield.

Weather has been crazy. Just now turned cold. No in between. Went straight from A/C to heat. Been windy the past week or so. We had that late freeze so the flowers and trees didn't do so good this year thus making the fall colors not so good.

Diane

whitesoxlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitesoxlover Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:00am
post #14 of 19

well miss lionlady you must be a good lady, because you live in the same state as my favorite pitcher mark buehrle. GO SOX!! anyway hope the margaritas are soothing the toe, and i almost watch bridges of madison county too, but the kids have a way of ruining it icon_rolleyes.gif !

lionladydi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesoxlover

well miss lionlady you must be a good lady, because you live in the same state as my favorite pitcher mark buehrle. GO SOX!! anyway hope the margaritas are soothing the toe, and i almost watch bridges of madison county too, but the kids have a way of ruining it icon_rolleyes.gif !

Okay..........just for the record. I'm a Cardinal fan and I'm rooting for the Rockies. I think the Bosox are going to take it all though. Darn good ball playing...........I have no feelings about the Sox but you know if I'm a Card fan, I hate the Cubs. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Toe is still hurting but not as bad. I'm such a klutz! I'm just glad I got the cakes done. The cupcakes were the hit of the church party so I'm happy. Be glad when they pick up the anniversary cake tomorrow. I'm sick of looking at cake. icon_lol.gif

Diane

ladyhawk1nlm Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:15am
post #16 of 19

Where in Missouri do you call home? I'm in Willow Springs which is 80 miles southeast of Springfield.

Well for 30 +yrs St Charles was my home.. then moved to Jefferson city...thats where all my family are now...Well I do have a ex hubby in Springfield...but i dont count him...lmao

lionladydi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:20am
post #17 of 19

Yes, please.........let's not count ex husbands. icon_lol.gif I have three of them. icon_lol.gif Hope you enjoy your trip to Missouri for the holidays. My daughter was in Jeff City last week for a Baptist secretary convention of some sort. She works at the local First Baptist. I seldom get up that way.

Diane

ladyhawk1nlm Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:28am
post #18 of 19

Lets just pray that ya get no snow in dec so that i can get home fast lol..I have a 3 wk old grandson i havent got to see yet..only in pictures and on cam.. my hands are itchin to get ahold of him..lol

Natalie

lionladydi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:34am
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhawk1nlm

Lets just pray that ya get no snow in dec so that i can get home fast lol..I have a 3 wk old grandson i havent got to see yet..only in pictures and on cam.. my hands are itchin to get ahold of him..lol

Natalie

Congrats on the grandson! I have 6 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. Once in a while I get to itchin' to get my hands on them also. icon_lol.gif Just kidding. They are pretty good kids and behave pretty good when they're here. They try to stay with me every Friday night. The oldest are 15 and 14 and they are getting "too old" part of the time. Youngest is 3 and he stays with me everyday. Keeps me well entertained. Wish I had been able to enjoy my kids as much as I have my grandkids.

Will pray for no snow in December.

Diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%