Yes I Am Still Fighting With This Cake !!!!

Decorating By Brandonsmommy Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 2:12am by Teekakes

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 27

OMG I just can not get this cake to ice good !! icon_cry.gif I let it be over nite and OMG I am going to strip the ENTIRE frigging icing off NOW and do it over !! icon_mad.gif

::::::::::::::banging head:::::::::::::::::

This will NOT beat me!!

::::Off to get MORE coffee:::::::::

26 replies
Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 27

Ok, she's all scrapped off (can a cake be a she?? icon_confused.gif )

On a new board/paper. Going to gently tackle her and see if we can play nice and do things MY way!!!

Happy cake thoughts my way please!!!

cariage Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 27

I am sending happy cake thoughts your way. Hope everything goes better for you today.

step0nmi Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 27

LMAO!!! icon_lol.gif I think the cake can be whatever you want it to be! icon_lol.gif

sweet_honesty Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 27

This cake sounds cantankerous...I'd hazard a guess that it's a he. icon_twisted.gif

BeckySue Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 27

Sounds like she's being a *itch! LOL
Get her!! Kick her butt!! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif I love cat fights! LOL

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySue

Sounds like she's being a *itch! LOL
Get her!! Kick her butt!! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif I love cat fights! LOL

ROFLMBO!!! Hilarious BeckySue! Sounds like something I would say! icon_lol.gif

Brandonsmommy, what is this cake you are creating? My curiosity is dieing to know!! Sorry you are having so much trouble but I am with BeckySue here in saying; Git r good n kick r butt! icon_lol.gif

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 27

OMG she is being a b**tch !!

icon_cry.gif I haven't had bad luck w/ crisco, is my time up? Didn't use meringe this time is that why I am having a hard time?? It's like it doesn't want to say on the cake. icon_cry.gif

I am going ot have to have a Memphis CC come help me sometime and tell me what I am doing wrong (or if anyone want's to come visit memphis, no Elvis isn't here, he lives in Vagas!! haha icon_lol.gif )

She is covered right now, I am going to TRY to get it to smooth out. Then will take a picture of it, show ya'll and I'll need help w/ finding out how to make it look like it's a ribbon. Like a strip to make it look twisted.

Next time I might just do the dang star tip and call it done!! ggrr!

lepaz Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 27

Could it be your cake has split personalities???!!!

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:38pm
post #10 of 27

It better be careful or I'LL split it!! icon_mad.gificon_eek.gif

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonsmommy

It better be careful or I'LL split it!! icon_mad.gificon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You poor thing..........sounds like you may have it minding you now though.

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:47pm
post #12 of 27

Teecakes, you will DIE.........it's the Ribbon cake. Made with the pan. I am a newbie, self taught. Sad huh? Ribbon cake kicking my a$$ icon_redface.gif

CelebrationCakery Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:47pm
post #13 of 27

Is that what the heck has been wrong with my frosting....I thought I was just loosing....I almost called the doctor today....thoughts something was wrong with me....

soooo the new crisco is what is making my frosting not stick to the cake.....??? I am having visions of what you are going through....that was me a few weeks ago.......

How did it come out?

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:57pm
post #14 of 27

ChristianDonovan, I am still fighting w/ her! She's in a TIME OUT in the fridge now b/c........well because I read somewhere to do that to help w/ smoothing frosting later.

I'll smooth her out or smoother her w/ the Viva paper towel icon_twisted.gif HER choice!!

loriana Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:00pm
post #15 of 27

[quote="Brandonsmommy"]I am going ot have to have a Memphis CC come help me sometime and tell me what I am doing wrong (or if anyone want's to come visit memphis, no Elvis isn't here, he lives in Vagas!! haha icon_lol.gif )
[\\quote]

Hey Brandonsmommy! If you ever need some help with a cake, I can't offer much, but give me a yell and maybe we can get together and make it work out. We should do that sometime just for kicks, since we are only like 5 miles from each other. Ill PM you my phone number icon_lol.gif

Hope it turned out well! If you are still wrangling with it by the time I get off work tonight, give me a call and maybe I can come over and help you

Lisa

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #16 of 27

ok, she is getting better looking, I have added the boarder and have some patches that need to be filled so have them chillin' in the fridge so I can smooth them.

NOW..........to make the ribbon look like a ribbon, should I outline in white or in pink?? (meaning the top so it looks like a ribbon rather than just a shape)

What do you think of it so far?
LL

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #17 of 27

Outline in pink. The pink on pink would look better since it is the ribbon. Sooooo glad to hear you are winning the battle! icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm
post #18 of 27

Hey! I didn't see the picture a minute ago. She is looking great! That would not be the easiest of cakes to get smooth in bc! I think you are doing a terrific job! icon_smile.gif

loriana Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:20pm
post #19 of 27

Looks good! It is impressive how you wrangled a cake in the shape of a ribbon LOL

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #20 of 27

Then Pink it is!!!

Yes "I" am winning :::evil laugh:::: will be a privledge to take a knife to the little b**ch later today!!! icon_twisted.gif

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonsmommy

Then Pink it is!!!

Yes "I" am winning :::evil laugh:::: will be a privledge to take a knife to the little b**ch later today!!! icon_twisted.gif

icon_lol.gif ROFLMBO icon_lol.gif And do you get the priviledge of cutting her up?? Oh I hope you do! icon_twisted.gif

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #22 of 27

Well here she is!!

Now, what to write, if anything on it? I an not really good at writing and my hands are still shaking from all of this (and too much coffee)

Be HONEST !!

I hope they like it at work and the REAL Bi**hes there have NOTHING negative to say about it!
LL

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #23 of 27

Teekakes : Yes I do!!! icon_lol.gif It's for work and I will be HONORED to take the knife to her!!!

Lori: If I had to deal with this all day you would find her out on the street and I would GLADLY let you run her A$$ over.......although w/ the rain, it'll be mush by then!!! hahaha

Teekakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:57pm
post #24 of 27

Wow! You got her good and she looks great! You really did a nice job getting the bc smooth and your border looks terrific!

I am sooooooooo glad you get to cut this one up....although now I think she is very pretty and will hate to see your hard work all chopped up!

VERY nice job!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Brandonsmommy Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:30pm
post #25 of 27

It was a BIG, BIG hit! I was GLAD to cut it. When asked it I wanted a piece........ah NO tired of her don't want to eat her too!

I am proud of it all in all. Not perfect, but again we are the only ones that see our flaws!!

Thanks again for ya'll support!!!!!

BeckySue Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #26 of 27

thumbs_up.gif Looks awesome!! You did a great job! I would have got the biggest knife in the kitchen to cut her up!! HAHAHAHA (ok - that made me sound seriously messed up...I really am a sweet person!!)

Teekakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:12am
post #27 of 27

GREAT!! Made it all worth while then and I am happy for you after all that pink pile put you through! icon_lol.gif

It looked beautiful and I am not surprised it was a big big BIG hit! You really did a beautiful job on it!

Until the next "round" icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%