Cake To Use In Cake Balls?

Decorating By lv2bake Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm by lv2bake

lv2bake Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 3

I am making my first ever cake balls, making the apple pie ones and was wondering what kind of cakes do you use for the cake balls, a doctored cake mix, like WASC or just a regular cake mix from a box like duncan hines? I didn't know if it had to be a dense cake, or regulare texture like box cake? Do you roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar while they are warm? Or do you cool them first? Just wondering this is my first attempt at making them , so I am baking a cake just for these. I am making them for a church gathering. thanks for the help.


2 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 3

You can use *any* cake mix, cake scrapes or whatever you want.
I have not made the apple pie ones so don't know about rolling them in cin/sug.....but you wouldn't be able to form the balls if the cake is very warm.

lv2bake Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks I didn't think about that ...LOL I will definately wait until the cake cools off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%