Please Pray For Rain In The Charlotte Nc Area!

Decorating By Daisys_Cakes Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 3:46am by tkdnvymom

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 21

Hi everyone,

I know that there are lots of prayerful christians in CC so I thought that I would post this. In my area we are currently having a servere drought, so far we have had three water use restrictions one saying that we can only water 3 times a week which was then changed to twice a week and now we can water only once a week and in the paper a couple of weeks ago I saw that we only have about 6 months worth of water left. The idea of having a green lawn is like dream now and ourselves and our neighbors down the street have each had 5 bushes die and a another nieghbor is having to have a tree removed. On top of the lack of rain we have also been having record highs, in fact a couple days ago it was 90 something degrees which was the hottest it has ever been in Charlotte in 21 years! Just to give you a visual glimpse of how bad it is I have posted two pictures of the water front of a local Girl Scout camp where I teach canoeing. In the first that dock used to float in about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of water an din the 2nd the water used to go all the way to the trees and there was no penninsula.

Thanks for all you prayers!
Deborah
LL
LL

20 replies
fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:50am
post #2 of 21

California is the same way.. icon_sad.gif But we have not been rationed yet on water.

It has been raining here early this year.. My prayers were answered.. even now it is raining. Rain started early for us this year.. It is unseasonably cooler right now. I hope we will get at least enough this year. The Yosemite Famous Falls is dry

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #3 of 21

You're not alone! Here in Georgia we are suffering too! We've had a complete water ban for quite some time now in my county. There is even a phone line to call and report neighbors and others who are abusing this ban. Maybe we should learn how to do some rain dances!

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 21

Daisy, I used to live in Charlotte/Mint Hill/ Matthews area (depends on which way you turned where you would be, haha icon_smile.gif )

I totally understand how how it can be there and how dry it can be too. I hate that it's THAT bad up there now. I have a friend that I talk to very frequently and she never mentioned that to me, we don't talk about the weather much though icon_redface.gif

Will pray you get some rain soon!!!!

Daisys_Cakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 21

Thanks guys! I hear on the radio yesterday that it supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday...so hopefully rain is finally on it's way because in the paper yesterday they were talking about how now there are threats of forest fires in the mountians! icon_surprised.gif

Deborah

lvablkmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvablkmn Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 5:36am
post #6 of 21

I'm with you on this one 100%!!! Prayers & rain are badly needed!!!! I'm a 1st time homeowner & I finally have a yard with lots of grass. Now it's nothing but brown grass!!! The little rain we did get was nothing - we still can't water our lawns until.....well no one knows yet. Hopefully we'll get some of the rain that some areas of the US are seeing too much of.I never thought that I would want it to rain so much,but now I hope every day to hear the weather man say "Rain" Lets' keep our fingers crossed!!!

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:04am
post #7 of 21

SC is just as bad. The water in my FIL's pond (aka, swamp) is so low my 4 yr old can't throw the bread far enuf to reach the fish from the dock. It's horrible. We aren't restricted at this point but I was contious of how I did laundry today.

chezz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezz Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:56am
post #8 of 21

Hi Daisy, I know how you are feeling. I am in Sydney, Australia and most of our beautiful country has been in the worst drought for longer than most people can remember. As you say, green lawns are a distant memory. Where I live, today, the temperature has been 35degrees celcius, which I think is in the mid 90's. It's only October and still spring time here. In summer, it has been as hot as 46degrees c here, which is something like 114degrees f. I only live 30 odd miles inland from the CBD of Sydney, so it's not like we live way out in the outback or anything.
I do pray that you have substantial rain soon.

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 7:29am
post #9 of 21

As Chezz said Oz in a severe drought so I pray you don't have a need to go level 6 restrictions like us. Our level 5 which ends on 1st nov and then level 6 says no outside watering at all, 4 min showers, no washing cars boats etc..we have a restriction of 140lt per day per person. I hope you get some rain soon.

Daisys_Cakes Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 3:55pm
post #10 of 21

Wow! I will be praying for you guys to!

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:55pm
post #11 of 21

We are praying in the upstate of SC too. will add all of you to our prayers. I have lost all my roses because they are old and I chose to water the newest flower bed with the most costly items instead. We had a little rain on Friday and everyone was cheering. We don't have restrictions but the news said they are not far away. Forecasters are saying we are in for a warm dry winter as well so it is not looking good at all.

Cakerer where are you in SC. are you an ICES member?

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:41pm
post #12 of 21

Another Georgian here, north GA. We too have suffered w/ drought. We were on water restrictions ALL summer (limited to certain days of the week depending on your address #, and could only use the water during certain hours those days -the most inconvienent times too!). No kidding, we went the ENTIRE summer and didn't wash either of our cars, couldn't water our grass, but worst of all, our kids didn't get to play in the water like kids do during the summer. They would have to save that for their grandparents house. As soon as the restrictions were lifted they were put back but we are not allowed ANY outside water usage now. Some of the nearby counties are charging upwards of $1000 surcharge for anyone caught watering. AND, we are expected to call and "tattle" on our neighbors. Thank the Lord we woke up to rain today! We are also expected to get rain all through tomorrow! We will continue to pray for all of those around us as well. It seems like if it's not a drought someone is suffering from then it's terrible flooding.

Deborah, that was such a great idea bringing this prayer request to the forums! We can all unite in prayer for each other, even if we are miles apart!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:48pm
post #13 of 21

It's raining today in the upstate of South Carolina! I hope everyone in the surronding areas are getting some too!!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 11:07pm
post #14 of 21

Thats great news. In QLD OZ we got rebates from our local govt (nicer than having to tattle on a neighbour) to buy water tanks (that the same govt wanted gone in the 70's) so am glad you have got some rain. Am greatful at the moment as we got a bit of rain, not enough to bring our dams back past the 33% that they are at but enough to fill tanks that people have been feverishly installing for the last 2 years. Most people have had tanks for a year and only just recently had them all filled up for the first time.
When I was little I lived in the middle of oz and it hadn't rained for so long that when I visited the nearest town, 2.5hr drive (lived on a station aka ranch) and the teacher at the school put a sprinkler on the roof so that we could as kids here what the sound of rain sounded like. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
I hope you all get rain soon. I just know you'll love the sound and people with little ones that haven't yet experinced it will love it.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:54pm
post #15 of 21

we're hoping for rain in colorado too. we've been on water restrictions here in denver for 4 years now. it's bad.

and to top it off, we sell a bunch of our water that we do have to arizona.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:09pm
post #16 of 21

Hopefully all this rain we're getting drenched by in Ohio will move over to you guys on the coast. If you guys get anything that we've gotten in the last 12.5 hours, then you will be much better off. We're flooding! It looks like it's going to keep moving your way so maybe today you'll get some relief.

Right now, I just wish I could collect the water here and ship it to California. If anybody needs rain, they do, or at least no more winds!!! I can't believe the horrible damage that has occurred and will continue to occur there. All those poor peoples' homes.

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:04pm
post #17 of 21

My family has been praying for your state and ours as well! We live in orange county ca. and pretty much of all southern ca. is on fire! My kids were able to go to school today but they are treating it as if it were a "rainy day" schedule. The kids are staying indoors all day and must be walked and picked up from the class rooms. (I also think the kids are driving the teachers crazy staying in all day! LOL)....so I am praying for the teachers as well! But, we are praying for rain to poor down everywhere!! icon_smile.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm
post #18 of 21

I'm in Cabarrus co. and we have a well. We're very afraid that our well is drying up as we've been experiening pressure drops and occasionally the water will just completely die. I hope we ALL get the rain we need SOON!

tkdnvymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tkdnvymom Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:49pm
post #19 of 21

We too like belljoey who is not that far from Corona, is terrible. It is really hard to breathe and keep the doors and windows closed. The santa ana winds hopfully will die down soon. It is suppose to be 90 tomorrow. I can't believe the nerve of some people who would start all these fires on purpose.

ccaluda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccaluda Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #20 of 21

Take our rain, PLEASE. Almost 10 inches yesterday and more expected today. The front is heading East, hopefully it will drench the Carolinaâs and Georgia tomorrow.

California, Iâll pray for the winds to calm down.

tkdnvymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tkdnvymom Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:46am
post #21 of 21

Well, it's still terrible over here. The smoke is getting really thick now. The fire is moving really close now, not enough to evacuate. The schools are still keeping the kids indoors and cancelling all outside sports. It was raining ash and we are still not able to open windows and doors. They are offering a huge reward for the person who started this fire. The reward is up to $200 thousand. Wish I could find this person.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%