Kids Cake Contest

Decorating By bbelias Updated 8 Oct 2007 , 5:14pm by gateaux

bbelias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbelias Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 2

We are having a "Cake Bake" for our Cub Scout Pack. This is where the boys will bake and decorate a cake. The cakes will be judged and awarded prizes and then auctioned off at our meeting. This is really fun for the boys, but the people who plan the event are not "cake people" like we are. First off, they have 3 themes that the boys can base their design on; Transportation, Nature, and Indian Nations (this is the theme of the month for Cub Scouts). This makes is rather difficult to judge. I have suggested that they award prizes for the top cakes from each theme, but I am having difficulty coming up with prize categories, other than best use of theme. Any suggestions?

1 reply
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 2

Wow, that is a good one, I would add creativity for example if the kids use candies or other edible items to represent something on the cake.

I am not sure if difficulty or Overall look would matter, but I would think that overall clealiness or how they bake the cakes depending if this is part of the competition would be important as well since the cakes will be auctioned.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%