Nc Cake Decorators

Decorating By Jenn2179 Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 6:26pm by ncdessertdiva

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 12:00am
post #1 of 56

Hi.
I just moved to Burlington and am having trouble finding and cake and candy making stores other than Michaels and AC Moore. Does anyone know of any in the Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro area? I had 3 stores near me in Maryland and am really missing them. TIA
-Jenn

55 replies
Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 12:14am
post #2 of 56

The only store I know of is NC Paper Co, in Clayton. There are'nt that many stores in the Raleigh\\Durham area, (besides the Walmarts, Micheals, and the rare AC Moore). For me its a 30 min drive but its worth it. This store is far greater than any Micheals or Walmart. They have everything! Every Wilton product made, any size\\style cake pan you want (even the perfect square ones starting at $7.99 a pan). Lustre dust, Buttercream, Boxes, Pearls, Sprays, Etc. They even have gumpaste butterflies for you cakes! Once you shop here you will never go to the others again! Might not even have to shop online.

Here is the info:

North Carolina Paper Co.
114 W Main St
Clayton, NC 27520
(919) 553-3313

Have fun shopping!

Midnight

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 3:25am
post #3 of 56

MidnightSnackCake is right - I go there all the time, since it's only 5 minutes drive from my home. They do have EVERYTHING. If I don't find something there, I usually order stuffs by online.

wuzzled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wuzzled Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 12:58am
post #4 of 56

Do they have airbrush colors by chance?

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 56

HI Jenn!
Welcome to NC. Unfortunately the only place I knew of in Greensboro has closed down. Now I got to a place called Kitchen Kake Magic in Winston. They have a pretty good selection and almost any character pan you could ask for to rent. I know it is a little bit of a drive for you, but if you would like their info just let me know.

Midnight- Where is Clayton? I'm a tad bit geographicly impared icon_lol.gif

kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:04am
post #6 of 56

Just wanted to say thank you, Jenn--for asking this question. I've been wondering the same thing and figuring I must just be overlooking some obvious place.

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 56

There is a lady in High Point, Teresa Crawford, her business is Crawford's Creations. Her website is www.crawfordscreation.com. Check it out! She is fantastic lady and she has lots of goodies to sell. I'd rather give her my business vs. the big guys, if possible. The shipping from High Point to Burlington would not be bad either or a drive there isn't too bad either.
Leslie

ncdessertdiva Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 56

There is a lady in High Point, Teresa Crawford, her business is Crawford's Creations. Her website is www.crawfordscreation.com. Check it out! She is fantastic lady and she has lots of goodies to sell. I'd rather give her my business vs. the big guys, if possible. The shipping from High Point to Burlington would not be bad either or a drive there isn't too bad either.
Leslie

ncdessertdiva Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 2:41pm
post #9 of 56

Oops, sorry for the second post!
Leslie

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 11:31pm
post #10 of 56

That link does'nt work. Could you check and verify. Thank you

kzmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kzmmom Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 11:39pm
post #11 of 56

Jenn, I can't help you out, but I wanted to say that I live in Graham! Welcome to NC!

ncdessertdiva Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 3:47pm
post #12 of 56

Okay, the correct link for Crawford's Creations is www.crawfordscreations.com. Sorry!
Does anyone have snow/sleet/freezing rain in their part of NC?
Leslie

kzmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kzmmom Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:31pm
post #13 of 56

ncdessertdiva, we had snow this morning but now it's rain. I really wanted more snow!!

ncdessertdiva Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 7:27pm
post #14 of 56

Out snow has turned to rain too! Oh well, it was pretty while it lasted.
Leslie

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 7:32pm
post #15 of 56

Hey guys,

Just found this thread. I'm in in Raleigh area (Zebulon). I go to NC Paper in Clayton and I also go to Not Just Paper on Main Street in Durham.

Rhonda

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharonjean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharonjean Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:33pm
post #17 of 56

I live in Norwood (Stanly County) I hate it here....however this is where my hubby 87 year old mother lives and she needed help, long story.
We moved from Alpharetta GA a year ago. you could find any store you wanted to on North Point Parkway.
Anyway nearest Michael's that havecake classes is 50 miles away.
need prayers for adjusting to being here icon_cry.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:37pm
post #18 of 56

sharonjean
not much light at the end of that tunnel but...
Ben Franklin in Albemarle may be starting classes soon annnnnnnnnnnd....
if there is something you need by way of Wilton products, the owner would be more than happy to get it in for you....anything else he's able to order too for that matter.

catamountqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catamountqueen Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:42pm
post #19 of 56

I am so glad I saw this post! I am from Ramseur (Randolph County) and have not found many places to get the supplies I want and need. I am so glad to hear about that store in Clayton! Most of my family is in that same area (Knightdale and Zebulon) and this gives me a great excuse to go check them out!

Thanks
Meg

sharonjean Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 11:47pm
post #20 of 56

thank you for the info I have been in there a couple times. The girls never know when they are going to have any classes. You must live in or near Albamarle

Sonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sonya Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 12:05am
post #21 of 56

:Waves at Sharonjean:

Howdy neighbor I live in Locust icon_smile.gif

~Sonya

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 12:15am
post #22 of 56

Hi all I am from Cary NC, Enjoyed today's morning snow.
I am sorry Jenn, I can't help you with your question but welcome to NC.

Thanks
Nitu

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 12:50am
post #23 of 56

Sharonjean....my sister lives in Alpharetta and I live here in NC. I love it here...just get out and visit other places in NC and you'll grow to love it!

sheri67nc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheri67nc Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:52am
post #24 of 56

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and that I'm in the Knightdale area, east of Raleigh. I enjoyed the brief snow this morning, before it was washed away by the rain. Thanks for letting us know about the Paper Co. store in Clayton. I'll have to stop by there sometime to check it out myself.

Take care All,
Sherry

ncdessertdiva Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 1:56am
post #25 of 56

Not Just Paper in Durham is good and If Its Paper in Raleigh is also good for paper supplies relating to cake.
Leslie

fourwidemans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourwidemans Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:00am
post #26 of 56

Are you looking for something other than an AC Moore type store? If not there is also a Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabrics in the Raleigh area, both have supplies. thumbs_up.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 2:05am
post #27 of 56

I use the store in Clayton for some supplies, my daughter lives there so I usually send her. For paper supplies, I go to Papertown on Spring Forest Rd. in Raleigh. The snow sure was pretty this morning, but I'm glad it is almost gone. My kids have to make up school on Saturday.

sharonjean Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:46pm
post #28 of 56

Have you went to see your sister in Apharetta?
There is Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns all have cake decorating products.
I signed up to take classesat Joanns to brush up on my cake decorating however we moved before it started icon_sad.gif

Sharon

sharonjean Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 3:52pm
post #29 of 56

I know where Locust is icon_biggrin.gif
We go to Fresh House to eat they have good cakes
So...... where do you find cake supplies?

Sharon

ncdessertdiva Posted 2 Feb 2007 , 4:02pm
post #30 of 56

I didn't know that Raleigh had a Hobby Lobby! Where is it in Raleigh?
Thanx!
Leslie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%