Piping On Fondant ??? Yes Or No

Decorating By doreen1092 Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm by BarbaraK

doreen1092 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreen1092 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:26am
post #1 of 6

I have a fondant covered cake I have to make tomorrow and i am doing a harley logo on top. ? is, can I pipe royal or buttercream directly to the fondant or will it get soft and run. I am trying to avoid making the logo out of fondant - any suggestions??

5 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:33am
post #2 of 6

I've used both royal and buttercream to pipe onto fondant with, and both worked fine. Post a pic when you're done!

Deanna

nicsnala99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicsnala99 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:34am
post #3 of 6

hey there.. cool cake ur doing .. drop us a pic. and to hopefully answer ur question... u can pipe either or, really. b/c if you're not concerned about it being touched or bumped. if u want to make sure it doesnt move or get damaged, i'd go for pipng in r/i.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 4:39am
post #4 of 6

I have never had a problem. Good luck

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:36am
post #5 of 6

i regularly pipe with royal icing on fondant and it's fine. You can also mix a fondant with a little water to get a piping consistency. I often do this if i can't be bothered to mix any royal

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBaritone

i regularly pipe with royal icing on fondant and it's fine. You can also mix a fondant with a little water to get a piping consistency. I often do this if i can't be bothered to mix any royal

That's a great tip. Might give it a try soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%