Rolled Buttercream

Decorating By mconnery Updated 1 Aug 2005 , 5:08pm by thecakemaker

mconnery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconnery Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 2

I was just looking over various posts regarding rolled buttercream and was wondering how well this works not only for covering cakes, but for cutting out shapes. Does it act the same as MMF? Is one easier to use than the other? I know there are various opinions on the taste of fondant, but not having had much experience with either one, I was just wondering what everyone thought about these two options.

Also, would someone have a suggestion on how to make the rolled buttercream into chocolate rolled buttercream?

Thanks!

Melinda

1 reply
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 2

I have a recipe for chocolate rolled buttercream at home. It tastes yummy but it isn't real easy to work with. I mix it with fondant to make it more workable. It is greasy and tends to fall apart when moving to the cake. If i'm using just rolled buttercream I will stick it in the freezer before moving it to the cake. The "his and her" shower cakes in my gallery (tux cake) was made with rolled buttercream as was the childs birthday cake with the train (for Leaf) if you want to see what it looks like. It's not good for making flowers and it doesn't dry hard for making bows, etc from.

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%