Cup Cake Help

Decorating By rach1 Updated 25 Nov 2006 , 7:02pm by rach1

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone help me

I had to bulk bake 400 odd cupcakes this week and they all turned out great and tasted fab but,......

This has never happened to me before......once the cakes where baked and decorated I put them onto stacked trays and then covered them in cling film..like I normally do for bulk cakes..but on this occaion when I unpacked them quite a few of the cakes had come away from the cake cases...why did that happen ...they where perfect when they were made..I was quite upset cos it just doesnt look as nice.,...the kids didnt notice but I did and its bugging me now...does anyone know why this would happen please icon_cry.gif

3 replies
TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 4

I usually put icing on the bottom to hold them in place. Did you try that?

Any other ideas?

simplysweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetcakes Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 4

This happened to me on a much smaller scale though. I had some extra batter so I made cup cakes, I didn't frost them but I did cover them with platic wrap...the next morning the cupcakes had pulled away from the foil cupcake liners. The only thing I can think of is that they were still a little warm because the plastic wrap had condensation the next morning...that's my best guess

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 4

Hmm thats what I was thinking....cos of the amount maybe they where still a little warm......and I was rushing to get them all done.....

or maybe its something else icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%