My First Cookies-On-A-Stick...

Baking By 7yyrt Updated 7 Dec 2006 , 12:27pm by bonniesido

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 1:42am
post #1 of 15

First decorated like this, too.
It's a little early for Christmas, can freeze them after they are decorated?
LL
LL

14 replies
cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 1:45am
post #2 of 15

I think they are great, I especially liked the way you set them up to be photographed. good job.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 10:28am
post #3 of 15

Did you use royal icing to decorate. If yes, you should be able to freeze them. I have decorated and frozen cookies and they taste just a good when they have thawed.

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 18 Nov 2006 , 10:32am
post #4 of 15

They are so cute 7yyrt!!! Great job!! thumbs_up.gif

7yyrt Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 4:34am
post #5 of 15

Thanks for the encouragement, all! I made some log cabins too, but my camera ran out of batteries. I need to pick some more up before I can photograph those.
I have the cookies in the freezer in ziplock bags with parchment paper around each cookie... Is that right? They are frosted in royal and chocolate royal icing.

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 15

Great job!!! I've never gotten the nerve to put the cookies on a stick yet. But that's probably gunna be XMas gifts for the family so I need to start practicing! As far as freezing them, i have no idea.. I only do them for family and they're practically gone before the icing dries. LOL

7yyrt Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 15

I looked at your photos lauramw71, you've made a few batches of the cookies, so you're ahead of the game thumbs_up.gif (I really like the skeletons) This was my first time. Boy was I nervous! insert nail-biting icon here
From what I've been reading on here the sticks can be put in before or immediately after baking. I put them in before, in case the dough cracked I could put a little patch over it and they would still be strong.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 19 Nov 2006 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 15

7yyrt

Is that a red M&M in your flower cookie? Cute touch!! and yummy too!

7yyrt Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 5:01pm
post #9 of 15

Hi, Risque! By the way Happy Birthday! party.gif
Yes they are M&Ms, people love to get a little extra with their cake and cookies. icon_smile.gif
Here are the log cabins - These cookies were better-looking than the others, but the picture of these isn't as good, I really need to figure out how to focus this darn camera...
LL

Titansgold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Titansgold Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 15

Love the little flowers, they're adorable! Great presentation in the mugs too

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 20 Nov 2006 , 5:59pm
post #11 of 15

the log cabins are precious, hope you get a lot of orders!

I wish my arm didn't hurt so much after almost 30 years of cake decorating, I would love to do decorated cookies!

but unfortunately, unless I throw fondant or MMF on them and just do the accents with edible pens I'm done for..lol

Good luck!

7yyrt Posted 25 Nov 2006 , 10:09pm
post #12 of 15

By the way ( I thought I mentioned it), but a big THANK YOU to golfgirl1227 for encouraging me and giving me hints.

kakeladee54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladee54 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 3:32am
post #13 of 15

What is the best cookie recipe for making cookie bouquets? Also is royal icing the best for them ?

7yyrt Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:32am
post #14 of 15

The standard cookies on CC, some find them a little bland by themselves, but they work very well with the icing; the icing crusts well, but you won't break any teeth when you eat the cookie -
http://www.cakecentral.com/article54-How-To-Bake--Decorate-Cookies.html
---
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2136-CHOCOLATE-ROLLED-COOKIES.html
---
Have fun!
---

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 12:27pm
post #15 of 15

Your cookies look great! I freeze cookies, and they turn out fine so I'm sure yours will too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%