Do I Need To Refridgerate A Wedding Cake Until Saturday?

Decorating By Chrissy32 Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 9:37pm by pookster

Chrissy32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrissy32 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 7

I am making my sister's wedding cake and I have all of the cakes made and frozen. I plan to thaw overnight tonight (Wed) and start decorating tomorrow (Thurs). The cake will have a rasberry filling and bc icing. Do I need to keep the cake in the fridge when I'm not working on it or will it be ok at cool room temp? The wedding is Saturday evening and I don't want it to dry out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated...this is my first wedding cake and I'm in the wedding, too, so I'm on a serious time schedule!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 7

If you are worried about it drying out, use a dimple sugar glaze. You do not need to refrigerate it, I don't think. It should be fine sitting out. I am assuming that you are not using dairy in you BC or filling though.

Stephanie

Chrissy32 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 7

I usually use milk in the buttercream..should I use water instead?

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 7

I use milk in my BC and I never have a problem leaving it out. And I wouldn't worry about the cake drying out, the frosting seals the cake. I'm wondering about your filling. From what I understand, the purchased sleeved fillings are safe to leave out. What is your filling? If it is perishable it might not be safe to leave the cake out. I hope someone more knowledgable comes and answers your questions.

Chrissy32 Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 7

The filling is from the cake supply store in the clear plastic sleeve.

MG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MG Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 7

Chrissy,

I juest went to www.sugarcraft.com and searched under Food Items: Filling, pastry and saw the raspberry in a sleeve. It says you don't have to refrigerate the cake. Take a look at the website, read about the filling and then decide.

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 7

i would think you could just leave it out...i'm sure it will be just fine...i have left cakes out overnight with fillings and buttercream.....the cake is just as moist as if you had left in in the fridge....the icing seals the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%