Brush Embroidery... Not Flowers?

Decorating By chrisrich Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 7:38pm by JoAnnB

chrisrich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisrich Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 5:40am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever used the vrush embroidery technique for something other than flowers?
I REALLY want to try this oiut on a cake, but the next cake I have is for my brother -in-law. I'm planning to cover the cake in a dark ganache and then use light blue icing to decorate, but I haven't figured out WHAT/HOW to decorate.
It's his 40th, but my sister wants us to be nice on the cake (no old buzzards, etc.). She also doesn't think he'd really apprecaite flowers. A guy not wanting flowers on his cake? Shocking.

But I need some ideas and if it could be done in the brush embroidery, I'd love to try it.

Thanks for your ideas,
Christina

4 replies
crylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crylynn Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 7:03am
post #2 of 5

I used brushed embroidery to make angel wings once. I don't have a picture of it though. With the light blue brush embr. you could do bubbles (just circles with one side brushed in) or even stripes (two lines of icing brushed in toward the center). Look in clip art for geometric patterns for some ideas. Or if you don't mind a different color, you could do embr. stars, sun, moon (something to the effect of begining a new phase of life). Just some thoughts.

Crystal

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 5

How about a big 40? You could brush that, couldn't you?

chrisrich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisrich Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks. I'll see what I can find in clip art and a big 40.

Any other ideas?

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 5

Have you used brush embroidery on your ganache? I would think the shiny surface would be "scratched" from the brush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%