I Am About To Have A Major Wedding Cake Disaster Please Help

Decorating By gibson Updated 14 Sep 2007 , 5:39pm by DEBBIE157

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 4:39am
post #1 of 11

HI

I have a groomzilla! He designed this cake and well, not sure I like it but what the heck.
Bottom tier is 12" with horseshoes around the bottom, my molds didn't come in so I had to use chocolate which I didn't really like but it doesn't look that bad. Rope border around bottom of all cakes.
2nd tier is supposed to be hearts like this:

(hopefully the picture attached)

How do I do this? What else can I do? OH yeah, top layer is a big horseshoe with their initals inside of it.

Please help!

Tammy
LL

10 replies
Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 4:45am
post #2 of 11

Are you doing fondant? could you do hearts out of gumpaste? and maybe gumpaste Initials inside the horseshoe..Is this going to be all chocolate? You need help with ideas? I'm sure someone here would be able to help don't panic yet..hang in there

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 4:50am
post #3 of 11

The cakes are iced in buttercream.

I just don't know what to do about the heart thing! I was thinking of maybe doing scrolls instead but how would that look with horseshoes? What goes with horseshoes besides a horse?

AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

To top it off they were supposed to pay me today for the cake tomorrow is their wedding, and I have not been paid yet!

Jesjacster2 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:24am
post #4 of 11

I made my brother in laws groom cake years ago and the top was a huge choc hat and boot ( I had the 3d molds) and I made little choc molds of cowboy hats, horse shoes and stars and put around the sides with choc shavings all the cakes were choc buttercream and I did a fudge icing rope border.. it was actually pretty impressive looking to be a little boastful ..seeings I don't do it much lol

Jesjacster2 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:26am
post #5 of 11

oh and I think your right scroll work probably wouldn't do with horseshoes

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 11

no pay, no cake.

make one phone call and get that little mantra going in his brain.
Tomorrow, you will be seeing a lovely cake table with nothing on it unless you or your agent gets over to my house with CASH in hand, pronto.

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
sorry I can't help with the horseshoe, I can't see the picture.
Good luck!

mommachris

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 7:58am
post #7 of 11

I agree! Don't stress over the cake, especially if they don't pay on time!

If they did, maybe do fondant heart peices to go onto the buttercream? If you do them in rolls or if you roll the fondant thin, the peices will stick to the buttercream no problem. I can't think of any other way other than precutting fondant, i'm sorry. My creativity has gone out the window for tonight. Let me sleep on it and i'll see if i can come up with anything else!

Good luck!

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:14am
post #8 of 11

I'm new to dealing with fondant, but could you make a thin rope and then shape it into a heart? It might go well with the rope border and the horsehoes??? Just a thought...hth.

As for not paying... icon_sad.gif Sorry. Maybe it will be easier if you make them pay you a week in advance in the future? I've seen threads with info about contracts and such for that purpose. icon_smile.gif

Keyshia

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:55pm
post #9 of 11

O.K. what happened with the cake what did you finally do ??? Curious did he pay, did you finish the cake ??? Pictures .....

Just read this as I have been unpacking and settling into the Pass.

As to what goes with horseshoes, I would say cowboy hats, Cowboy boots, saddles, western guns, lassos, bandannas, corral fences, chuckwagons etc.

Danielle111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle111 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 12:18am
post #10 of 11

Hey - just an idea if you haven't figured out what to do yet... ...they want horseshoes and a rope border, right? They also want these funky modern hearts that don't go at all... Maybe you can use pastiallge (there's a recipe on this site) to make the hearts into a sort of lasso? That way, it would work with your design, and it would give him what he wants.

I hope this helps!

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:39pm
post #11 of 11

Hi there, I just noticed this thread, and I was curious, how did the cake turn out? I did not see it in your gallery (unless I missed it)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%