Please Make It Stop!!

Lounge By shifty Updated 29 Jul 2007 , 5:28am by LaSombra

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 23

My 3 year old Daughter Has been watching Dora all day and singing the songs. At first it was oh soooo cute but now Mommy is very sick of this nincompoop Dora who can't seem to do anything for herself Arrrgh why cant she be into something else?
What shows are/were your kids into watching over and over and over...

22 replies
jumbosgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumbosgirl Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 23

Doodlebops........do I need to say more???

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 23

I will take Dora over the Doodlebops any day!!!

Unfortunately, Spongebob has all new episodes this week icon_cry.gif That laugh is driving me crazy!!

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 23

my little guy loves Curious George. So now he says "oooo fish crackers!" every time he sees them

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 23

Wiggles!

Barney!

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 23

I thank GOD we are done with the Doodlebops fascination. Right now it's Spongebob for the older one (which I have to admit that I somewhat enjoy), and Blue's Clues for the younger one..... 'cuz we're blues clues blues clues..... ya gotta find another pawprint... that's the second clue............'

ack... I sing that song all the time in my head and I can't stand it!

We were also in a Lazytown cycle for a while, but that's also been pushed aside for Spongebob and Blue.

I used to sing cool songs in my head (before kids).... now I don't even know any songs that are popular anymore icon_razz.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 23

Why do they have to make all of those songs so darn catchy?

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 23

I must be a really mean mom. I will not let my kids watch any of those if I'm in the room. They do watch Raven & Hannah Montana.
daddy has put a TV in their room my youngest two girls are 8 & 9. They get to watch about an hour a day of tv. If they earn more time they cam watch longer.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:21pm
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

ITSMYLIFE WROTE: I thank GOD we are done with the Doodlebops fascination. Right now it's Spongebob for the older one (which I have to admit that I somewhat enjoy), and Blue's Clues for the younger one..... 'cuz we're blues clues blues clues..... ya gotta find another pawprint... that's the second clue............'

Do you own the Blue's Big Musical movie? If not, you must get! My son used to watch it over and over and over for days on end. The first song he ever learned to sing is from that movie..."Don't give up, just go on...". So cute. He's five now and him and his sister (age 4) have recently started watching it again along with their 18 month old brother. I love that movie!

They also love SpongeBob. They are watching the marathon as I type...can hear Squidward now...all new shows...we missed them this week because we were camping...got home just in time to watch them all this evening.

Elmo's another favorite for us.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 23

dl5crew you aren't mean, I am. icon_twisted.gif My kids are lucky to watch something like that once a week and only if it's on DVD lately because we canceled our TV service. icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 12:15am
post #11 of 23

My DD used to watch Dora (I can still remember the little backpack song) and Blue's Clues. Now she's on a Spongebob kick.(Guess what she's watching right now?) She also watches a Heman DVD that I picked up at Walmart for five bucks. It was for my brother since it was his favorite cartoon when we were kids, but somehow my daughter ended up with it. I used to like Care Bears and My Little Pony. Why can't my little girl be more girly?

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 12:44am
post #12 of 23

mbelgard I would so cancell our tv service too. I make my girls read & do school work in the summer so they don't forget what they have learned. All their friends have named me either "The warden" or " The general". I accept both names. Kids behave around me. thumbs_up.gif hehehe

NEWTODECORATING Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:03am
post #13 of 23

AHHHW 10:00 PM The song in my head has finally changed--Silence is golden...golden

icon_lol.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:16am
post #14 of 23

umm....Id like you all to try Elmo's Top Ten Countdown...... icon_confused.gif

that puppet has one annoying tapedshut.gif voice!!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:18am
post #15 of 23

TWINSY!!!! Hey girl glad you joined us!

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:21am
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

TWINSY!!!! Hey girl glad you joined us!

thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

I got all kinds of "please make it stop"s from that crazy duo of mine! icon_lol.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 4:03am
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

mbelgard I would so cancell our tv service too. I make my girls read & do school work in the summer so they don't forget what they have learned. All their friends have named me either "The warden" or " The general". I accept both names. Kids behave around me. thumbs_up.gif hehehe

We canceled because the dish was used MAYBE 10 hours a week and that was when good stuff was on. icon_lol.gif I have watched each of the 4 Harry Potter movies once in the last 3 weeks and that's it, I don't like TV and my husband doesn't have time in the summer. icon_twisted.gif

I'm not mean about school work, I don't make my kid do any during the summer. I haven't figured out how to get him away from reading yet though, I'd love it if he'd forget a little of that. icon_lol.gif

shifty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shifty Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 6:23am
post #18 of 23

So glad I am not the only one suffering!
For a while my daughter was stuck on The Wonder Pets. At first Dora was a nice break but I am thinking this DVD may go "missing" for a while icon_rolleyes.gif

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 3:49am
post #19 of 23

Im just glad my 3yr old DD has gotten past the barney and teletubbies facination. and has moved onto nick jr which is welcome after teletubbies. seasame street comes on here too early in the morning so we cant watch that anymore but ethier way we have a kids play/ tv room in this new house so whatever she watches i dont have to watch it too but I will say there is nothing over and over agian tv is limited.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:00am
post #20 of 23

My 10 yr old was a HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE Blues Clues fan when she was a toddler. We still have the musical movie.

My 3 yr old is a Sponebob-aholic. "F is for friends who do things together...U is for you and me...". But besides all the Nick Nick Nick nick nick Nick Nick Nick-alodeon, he has worn out the Cars movie. He finds a DVD that he likes and plays it so much it warps...

This week its Madagascar...I think I have a thing for Melman...LOL

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:26am
post #21 of 23

I haven't heard of the doodlebops but just from hearing the name...I think I'll stay away icon_lol.gif

Thomas the Tank is the big obsession around this house. My 4year old is finally starting to move on to other things BUT my 2 year old is now getting into Thomas icon_rolleyes.gif

my eldest went through a Dumbo stage, followed by Babe: Pig in the City (*gag*) and then finally went into The Little Engine that Could, which was a very welcome change. There have been a myriad of different "cool" shows since then for them.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 5:25am
post #22 of 23

OMG, what about Caillou??? He has got to be the whiniest kid ever!!! His voice drives me nuts!!!! icon_lol.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 5:28am
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyjess

OMG, what about Caillou??? He has got to be the whiniest kid ever!!! His voice drives me nuts!!!! icon_lol.gif

my boys have friends which are the neighbors' grandkids and they've got the same voices and caillou, I swear...maybe even whinier as they're higher pitched!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%