Recipe Question

Decorating By BethLewis Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 1:37pm by crisseyann

BethLewis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLewis Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all, I just printed out a new buttercream recipe from brickflor that I'd like to try, but because I'm a newbie, I don't know all the terms yet. His/her recipe calls for 3-5 tsp of "half and half". Can someone tell me what "half and half" is? Thank you!

4 replies
Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know exactly what it's 'half' of (hopefully someone else can tell you), but I do know I use it in coffee and buy it with the creamer in the refrigerator section of my grocery. It's called half and half so it should be easy to find.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 5

Half and half is a mix of 1/2 milk and 1/2 heavy cream. You can find it already mixed at the store.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 5

Half and half is found in the liquid, refrigerated coffee creamer section of your grocery store. It's made up of half milk and half cream and is also referred to as "light cream." It's thicker than Vitamin D milk but thinner than cream. I use it all the time in my coffee and for a special treat sometimes I cut up ripe strawberries and pour half and half over them for a strawberries and cream treat. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

Half and Half is half milk, half cream. icon_smile.gif It is purchased ready made in the dairy section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%