First Mmf Figure...

Decorating By lcottington Updated 13 Sep 2006 , 11:10pm by lcottington

lcottington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcottington Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 6:19am
post #1 of 12

Well he is definitely rough around the edges - and I will color my MMF next time while making -- I did him in white and then painted him so he isn't great color wise...but I'm PROUD!

The cake is for my husband's friend who is going through a hard time. He is a goofy bald guy! So I guess I pegged it!

The hands leave a lot to be desired!

Thanks for looking....Lisanne

P.S. was for tomorrow now husband says Thursday (one more day) would be better...the cake has to be in the fridge because of the frosting...is he going to be okay?
LL
LL

11 replies
katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 7:38am
post #2 of 12

Wow he is awesome! Great job thumbs_up.gif I've just started fondant modelling, I find it quite addictive!

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 12

l think he looks great.Well done! thumbs_up.gif

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 12

Good job! I had problems the first time I tried modelling with MMF. Might try it again mixed with some gumpaste so it's not quite so soft. Great job though, you have every right to be proud!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 12

I think it looks great! I too have just started modeling with mmf and it is so much fun icon_smile.gif

lcottington Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks everyone - I have some leftover Wilton fondant and am going to try the fairy tonight!

Lisanne

fuqumism Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuqumism Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 12

did you make the mmf or did you buy it?

lcottington Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 12

I made it -- there are recipes on this site for both a small batch (which was enough for this little guy and three roses) and a large batch.

Search the recipe section for Marshmallow Fondant for the large batch. Think you can only find the small batch recipe by searching the forums...I think it was 1 cup of mini marshmallows, 1 TBL of water and 1.5 cups of powdered sugar and you follow the instructions for the large batch...

Lisanne

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 12

Your cake looks fabulous, well done. Your modelling skills are superb so I think you have every right to be proud of yourself.

With regard to your refridgeration question, fondant should never be refridgerated as it will sweat when it is taken out again. Extreme cold (and heat) has that effect on fondant. If you are going to combine buttercream and fondant then the characters you make should be placed on the cake at the last minute. If a buttercream cake is taken straight out of the fridge and fondant placed immediately onto it, the bottom of the paste will again begin to sweat.

I hope that's helpful for any future projects.

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 10:36pm
post #10 of 12

oooh i'm trying my first mmf figure in a few days. did you add anything to the mmf?

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 10:51pm
post #11 of 12

good job, I am sure you husband find is going to be happy with the cake.

lcottington Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 11:10pm
post #12 of 12

Wow - aine2, can't believe you responded and complimented - I don't come close to your art -- but you have set a mark for me to aspire to thank you - your work is tremendously wonderful! Bet you recognized your tutorial on his head!

Thanks for the refrigeration information - he is in there now - hope he makes it when he comes back out....I was so excited to put him on and didn't even think to take him back off after taking the picture - duh!

Mxpark - I kneaded Gumtex into my MMF to help it with hardening! Don't ask me how much - some...

Lisanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%