Making Cookies The Same Thickness?

Decorating By amaniemom Updated 27 Jun 2005 , 3:43am by amaniemom

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 9

I find that when I made my cookies some of them were thick in one area and thinner in the other. I came across this site http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?id=27&pid=5970&step=4
I was wondering have you seen these rings around? What is your solution to even cookies?

8 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 9

I have not tried the rings although they seem like they would good.

I went to Home Depot and bought a wooden dowel (they come in round and square) that was 48" long. I cut it in half and lay the two pieces on the counter the width of my rolling pin. I just put the dough between the dowels, set my rolling pin on top of the dowels and go!

Cindy

amaniemom Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 9

Hey smart idea. icon_biggrin.gif
thanks

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 1:54am
post #4 of 9

I bought what are called O-Rings from my hardware store...they are in the plumbing section and they cost like .30 cents a piece, if that. Just a thought.

karent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karent Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 2:08am
post #5 of 9

I use the wooden dowels and they work ready well.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 25 Jun 2005 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 9

http://kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ARP&Category_Code=kitchen-gadgets
check this out, it's a long wooden rolling pin with rubber rings that come in the standard thicknesses that you need when making cookies, I bought it; I have yet to use it, but I loved it when I received it at my house

cakesinma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesinma Posted 26 Jun 2005 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 9

I have those rings and use them when making rolled cookies. I think they work fine but they are expensive. I bet the o-rings would work as well and be a whole lot less expensive!

I bought mine at Kitchens Etc which has since gone out of business (at least around here).

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 2:34am
post #8 of 9

I was going to suggest the same idea of the plumbing rings. I've also heard of using two planks of wood, about 1/4" thick, on either side of your dough. When you roll your pin over it, it can't go thinner than the 1/4" and it is really even too.

amaniemom Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:43am
post #9 of 9

thanks for the ideas all icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%