Where To Buy Cmc?????

Decorating By olana11 Updated 27 Jun 2007 , 3:53am by olana11

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 2:32am
post #1 of 7

..or any other fondant hardening agent,... weather here i s apparently too humid and takes forever for things to dry... icon_cry.gif

...also, is there a difference in wilton and Americolor pastes??? When I paint with Wilton black or blues they bleed a lot.....

6 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 3:21am
post #2 of 7

CMC is Tylose Powder and I know many places carry it, but you would have to order online in most cases. Nicholas Lodge, Global Sugar Arts, Kerekes.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 3:29am
post #3 of 7

You may have to order the tylose online if there isn't a specialty store near you. As far as the Wilton vs. Americolor, I haven't compared them for painting on the cakes, but for coloring icing Americolor is a million times better. Truer, clearer colors and more concentrated = using less coloring.
-Lori

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 3:34am
post #4 of 7

Is this for something you plan on using just for decoration or for something that will be eaten? If it won't be eaten I've heard of people on this site using powdered denture adhesive (Fixodent) in their fondant and/or gumpaste. I haven't tried this myself though.

teasom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teasom Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 7

I've always added a teaspoon or so of the Gum-Tex to my fondant when I want it to harden. It also allows me to roll the fondant super thin. Does this other stuff work better? Maybe I should try it.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 7

I decided to try adding some gum tex to my fondant when making the figures for my most recent cake. It worked great.

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 3:53am
post #7 of 7

ok, silly ques..... is Gum Tex different than Gumpaste Mix???
I'm making a bow and a few roses with it,.. I suppose they do not "have" to be eaten but if possible I would like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%