Just Don't Understand Some People

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 13 Jun 2005 , 12:23am by tcturtleshell

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 5

OK. One of my returning customers, and a friend of mine, was trying to help another customer calm her feelings about a cake that she ordered not coming in when expected. HOW? Well, my friend (Jacquie) told her "you know Kandi Fritz does cakes, and I am sure she can help you if you ask her" This customer, told her " I know" well Jacquie then said, they are really really good, and she does a great job on the designs" well this lady snapped at her and said " I can make a cake mix cakes too!!!!" Well Jacquie turned away from her, told someone else to help her and she walked away..... What I dont understand is why this lady got snotty with Jacquie... I found out who it was, and it was the person I thought... this person was supposedly over joyed with the cake I did for the boy scouts for her, but was totally P.O'd that the scouts ended up paying me 60 for the cake, that I only paid under 5 for. ( I didnt charge for my supplies that I already had. It was for the boy scouts I dont want to charge for cakes for things like that) ANYWAY I went up to her when I found out that it was her, asked her if she had a problem with the cake I did for her/scouts. She said "Oh no, it was great. we were truly pleased" I then told her what I found out (she ended up admitting to it) and I told her to pay 100 for a cake that I would have done for her for much much less, or free because the lady the cake was for (baby shower) is a very good friend of mine, was a bit ridiculous, but I totally respected her decision and I would not be rude to someone else for trying to help me like she was to Jacquie. She ended up telling me that she just wanted this cake to be perfect and not a cake mix cake. Well I told her I do the same as the bakery she got hers from.. and she didnt want to believe they used mixes.... until the party. Well one of the ladies there told her "wow I see our cake made it ok" and then the lady said yes finally it did, and do you believe our shoppette tried to get me to go to someone here on base to do one in case it didnt make it" well the bakery lady said why didnt you..we could have had two kinds here. Well Rhonda (the one I confronted) said I didnt want a cake mix cake, and I wanted it perfect. Well the lady told Rhonda, well just between you and me, we use mixes, just like the boxed ones in the stores here, but instead of pouring one cake into the bowl to mix you have to measure it out. Ours is no different.... Rhonda was shocked!In fact someone there told Rhonda how does that crow taste now? Little did she know that the bakery lady was also a friend of mine and I had told her what happened, and the other lady that asked Rhonda about "eating crow" didnt like her and she knew about what happened because she was a friend of Jacquies and she told her! Well one more thing I just loved was, several people kept asking her (Rhonda) where she got the cake, why didnt she order from me and even said the cake tasted funny..... I am so happy she got what she deserved for being rude to Jacquie.... I'm leaving here, and people wont know me but at least the people on base here know a better thing!

4 replies
kakesbyrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakesbyrobin Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 5

I myslf,Don't find anything wrong with a mix.
They are pretty good,and you just about always get consistant results.

They also make a nice base for using in other recipes.

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 5

YOU GO Flayv! Number One I am so proud of you confronting her. Number two I am so proud you have those good friends who stick up for you when it comes down to it. And I am so happy your little snotty friend got to eat yet another BOXED CAKE MIX!!!! I guess she figures she was paying more so it was better quality but you can't judge always judge a cake by it's bakery!!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 5

I feel kind of bad confronting her, but I just didnt like her being rude to my other friend... but hey I ended up getting 3 fathers day cake orders for next weekend... now the problem is I dont know what to do for them! icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 12:23am
post #5 of 5

Kandi, I'm proud of you too!! I pick on you because your too kind icon_smile.gif I'm happy you finally took a stand! You didn't have to yell, cuss or argue that's what is great about the whole thing!! What comes around goes around! She got her's & she did it to herself!

Why not do something cute like the bunnies you made or do a Papa Bear thing. You'll figure something out! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%