My Stuffed Strawberries (New Method), Photos Included

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 11:18am by SandiOh

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 51

Ok so all this talk about stuffed strawberries made me want to make my own and I thought of a new way to do them with a lot less hassle than trying to cut a piece of the strawberry out! I made my cheesecake and let it set about halfway, so it was stiff but not yet set (not runny anymore) and I took a syringe that I got from the pharmacy with one of my kids meds that we never used, it had a long curved pointy tip and I filled the syringe with the cheesecake mix and I poked it right into the side of the strawberry and filled up the hollow inside, no need to cut a hole or anything! It worked like a charm and tasted AWSOME!!! Also with this idea if you want to make a REALLY COOL treat you can lift up the leaves and poke the syringe in at the top and when the leaves lay back down they cover the hole, no need to dip and hide your insert spot and when you bite in you find a surprise, will leave people wondering how in the world you got the filling in there!

I took photo sof the syringe I used to fill the berries if anyone is interested to see I can post the photos.

50 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 51

That is a really neat idea!! Kudos!!

Fahina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fahina Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 51

please post the pictures

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 51

I would be really interested to know what type of syringe you used! This sounds like a GREAT idea!

AmandaPanda Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:21am
post #5 of 51

ok here are the photos of the berries I made and the syringe (oh and excuse themessy counters lol, I had already done like 6 strawberries before I decided to get the camera out.

tigerlilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerlilly Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:32am
post #6 of 51

great idea thanks for posting pics thumbs_up.gif

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:10am
post #7 of 51

What a great idea!

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:54am
post #8 of 51

What a smrat idea, thanks for sharing.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:00am
post #9 of 51

That is such a GREAT idea!!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 2:23pm
post #10 of 51

thanks for posting! i think i'm gonna try these with chocolate ganache though.

lindazully Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindazully Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 5:09pm
post #11 of 51

Wonderful Idea!!

Oh and the chocolate Ganache! O MY God!!!!! You guys are great!!

Linda

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 5:48pm
post #12 of 51

Amandapanda you are a genious. i would never have thought of that. I need to do to the store and see if I can find the syringe. Thank you for sharing.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 5:59pm
post #13 of 51

My daughters and I just drooled all over my laptop! lol Those look scrumptious and what an awesome idea with the syringe! I love cheesecake so I'll have to try that but I think the chocolate ganache idea is inspired too! (trying to not lick the screen)

robinleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinleah Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 6:06pm
post #14 of 51

what is the cheesecake mixture made of. any cheese cakes I have made have been baked.

ivykate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivykate Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 6:07pm
post #15 of 51

If you want to make it easier or don't have the time to make your own cheesecake, try philly's ready to spread cheesecake batter, you can even flavor it with all those neat creamers, like white chocolate, or blueberry cobbler by coffee mate

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 6:07pm
post #16 of 51

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing and they look delicious! I'm going to have to find a syringe and try these scrumptious strawberries!

AmandaPanda Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 6:12pm
post #17 of 51

oh we used no bake cheesecak for this, baked will work too just need a larger hole on the tip to squeeze it out

mommiex04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommiex04 Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 6:14pm
post #18 of 51

They look awesome! I can't wait to try these...I've got to find a syringe.

Justine

Katskakes Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:03pm
post #19 of 51

Ok i need to know where to get that syringe from? i bought one the tip is very different and it made it difficult to stick the strawberry and push the ganache in. mind you the ganage was nice and soft, not runny but not supper stiff.

AmandaPanda Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:30pm
post #20 of 51

the syringe came in a bottle of meds a long time ago that we never used lol sorry I can't be of more help ... also the tip was a little too small to push out the liquid so I had to cut some of the tip off to make the hole bigger ... maybe you can do that?

Katskakes Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:47pm
post #21 of 51

no i can't with the one i have. the tip is very small as is. I also tried using a bismark tip and was not easy. maybe w/the bismark the "stuffing" needs to be much softer.

TxAgGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TxAgGirl Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:50pm
post #22 of 51

I tried this last night, too. It was yummy, but I wanted to be able to get more cheesecake inside than what the small hollow allows. I'm brainstorming other ways to do this...

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:08pm
post #23 of 51

I took a pic of the way I cut them out when I made them , but dummy me forgot to take a pic of them with the filling.

I piped the filling in with a bag and a large tip, you would never know they were filled.

The finished berries are in my photos.

Needed to make some for tomorrow anyway so I filled a few real quick. I used Tip #12.
LL
LL

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:42pm
post #24 of 51

Boy do they look YUMMY! I'm going to make some for my DH's birthday party. Thanks for the info.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:50pm
post #25 of 51

Can't you do the same technique with a decorator bag and a #3 tip?

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:55pm
post #26 of 51

I was going to try to do these with a marinade injector we never use for a a party this weekend. Does anyone think the injector would work? It has two big ports at the end of the needle. Also, that's a good idea about adding the coffee creamers to the cheesecake. I've got plenty on hand.

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:56pm
post #27 of 51

I'm on a mission...trying to find that syringe now. That is such a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing.

aoliveira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aoliveira Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 9:59pm
post #28 of 51

That's a great idea. I'm wondering, though, what do you cover them with, just plain chocolate melts?

When I use good chocolate, it doesn't turn out this pretty and I don't like using chocolate melts. Should I add something to the chocolate to make it smooth, but dry hard?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:04pm
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAgGirl

I tried this last night, too. It was yummy, but I wanted to be able to get more cheesecake inside than what the small hollow allows. I'm brainstorming other ways to do this...

I agree with you TxAgGirl... and here's is what I do: Use a food garnishing tool (the one that looks like a double bladed knife, with a V at the tip), cut a "plug" out of the side of the strawberry. It will leave a good size hole. Then I fill it with a pastry bag/tip 6 or 7. I use the mock mousse (I call it) for filling. (16 oz heavy whipping cream & small box of instant cheesecake pudding mix; mixed till firm <app 1-2 mins>icon_wink.gif Fill the cavity and smooth over the top; do NOT replace the plug. It gets covered when you dip it in chocolate.. that way you get lots of filling, and can taste it when you eat it.... ummmmm ok, now what do I do with the "plugs"?? eat them, haha

coolmawmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmawmy Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:05pm
post #30 of 51

OMG! YUUUUMMMMMM!!! I HAVE to try this!! Thank you SO much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%