Show Us Your Kitchen?

Decorating By 0TNIC Updated 23 Feb 2013 , 10:47am by Designerallison

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 12:52am
post #1 of 64

I know theres lots of posts about showing who you are what about showing what conditions you work in?

I know for myself i have a TINY MINI kitchen and were looking for a new house with a larger kicthen but i wonder what other peoples look like!

Do you have a custom kitchen seperate to your everyday kicthen or do you use your everyday one?

Im really interested to see what conditions people work in!!!!!

63 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:15am
post #2 of 64

No way! LOL I have too much cake stuff everywhere. Somewhere underneath is a dining room table. icon_lol.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 3:09am
post #3 of 64

my mom extended out kitchen when i was a child long before i was even thinking of baking. good thing...it still feels small sometimes. but its a nice size.

0TNIC Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 4:28am
post #4 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigdogmama

No way! LOL I have too much cake stuff everywhere. Somewhere underneath is a dining room table. icon_lol.gif

LOL u should see mine at the moment.... just cos im not too much of a chiken im going to go take a pic soon.... its a mess cos ive just finished my turtle cake! I have a lil room!!! icon_sad.gif

0TNIC Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 4:54am
post #5 of 64

Omg ok here i am!!!

What a mess i just realised my kitchen is in!!!!!
icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
LL
LL
LL

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 5:02am
post #6 of 64

Only after the maid comes. icon_wink.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 64

Ok ... heres mine!!
LL

HeatherABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherABC Posted 10 Jun 2007 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 64

Here's my current kitchen:

I'm in the midst of a mini-remodel of my kitchen. When it's done (probably in August) I'll post updated pictures.

The big thing I'm doing is replacing my current island (a 48" cabinet base that's basically worthless) with 66" of drawers (2 x27" and 1x12") So I'll have room for all of my pots and pans, my backing sheets and cake pans and hopefully candy molds and the small 12" drawer stack will be used for my extracts, colors, flavors and other cake tools. I'm hoping that this will help me to remove the two roll out carts in the dining room full of cake and candy making supplies.

Then I'm getting new granite countertops to replace my ugly laminet counters, and we're adding pullout trays to every base cabinet remaining in the kitchen.

I'm hoping this will help keep me more organized.
LL

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 12:07am
post #9 of 64

0TNIC: Your kitchen is small, but it's still larger than mine! I have counters on either side of my sink, but the one side has the dish drainer (no dishwasher in my house), the microwave, and the coffee pot, so I only have a small counter on the other side to do anything on. I have a breakfast bar in the dining room where I sit and decorate my cookies. I don't sit at the table because it's full of other decorating supplies! LOL! Some day we'll eat at the table again....

Cakerator and Heather: Your kitchens are lovely!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 1:32am
post #10 of 64

i gotta know... how do you all keep your kitchen so clean??? and how do you keep everything off the counter? i complain all the time, i can never keep my kitchen clean. it seems like i clean it, then walk into another room, come back and a tornado hit! a hungry tornado, that used all my pots and pans and dishes and left them in the sink. and cooked on the stove and didn't wipe it up...
icon_cry.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 3:32am
post #11 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

i gotta know... how do you all keep your kitchen so clean??? and how do you keep everything off the counter? i complain all the time, i can never keep my kitchen clean. it seems like i clean it, then walk into another room, come back and a tornado hit! a hungry tornado, that used all my pots and pans and dishes and left them in the sink. and cooked on the stove and didn't wipe it up...
icon_cry.gif

cause like me everyone always cleans up their kitchen really really well before taking pics icon_wink.gif j/k hehe

ugh my kitchen is small! lol for the most part its 11.5 feet wide and 10.25 feet long (trailer home) one part of it used to be cupboard but we took it out to have room for the hutch. my fish tank is also in the kitchen not because we didn't have room in the living room where the rest are but because of it being a trailer home we had to compensate for weight balance.

now the measurements are from wall to wall. standard counter size i guess. fridge in the wall and a wall oven (appears to be a double oven but isn't; just an oven and broiler) one counter has the stove top. both oven and stove top are propane. (as is the dryer and water heater but thats another expensive story lol)

let me clean up from this weekend and i'll take pics. kids are home from school now; oldest starts his second job tomorrow (yay!) so with them home and me heads deep in my other obsession (gardening) this weekend I got little housework done. plus battling some strange stomach bug but that too is another story.

Its funny; if you saw the full pics of the grad cake i posted last week you'd laugh. I had some aquarium supplies on the table half the time of decorating; i was too busy to even put them away! lol. Plus in some pics you can see the fish tank in the background (hehe) Hmm i'll get the link for that : http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=79891395&albumId=990845 i had done a step by step documentary so to speak for some friends of mine at petfish.net who are in to decorating cakes but are sorta new to the adventure! icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm
post #12 of 64

If there is one room clean in my house it is going to be my kitchen hands down! I can't stand having a dirty kitchen .. plus ever since I lost my job my dh lets me know in ever so suttle ways that keeping the house clean is my job . icon_lol.gif Thankfully its just the two of us so most days its just a quick run of the vacuum and wiping counters!

GenGen Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 12:13am
post #13 of 64

i try to keep mine clean too, doing at least two sometimes three dishwasher loads a day (yup thats my boys oye) i dont always get in to mopping etc as much as i like to because i suffer from arthritis- some days worse then others-- some of those days in to weeks etc-- do ya think the kids would help? Oye again lol oh well. you can at least walk through it. and i cleaned last nite cause i couldnt stand it anymore. even re arranged the medicine er hmm well its got three sterlite drawers, a sterlite storage thingy i keep in the kitchen for kids stuff hubbys and my medicinal/first aide needs... it was long over due for a redoe and put it on top the microwave to get it out of the way.. I dont really like it there but it frees up the other counters, and I like that so.. gotta go with the lesser of two evils..

I'd have more kitchen counter space if i'd get my bettas out of the one kitchen corner lol (shhh)

but if your really interested in my kitchen remind me soon and i'll take pics.. i cant right now cause hubby discovered last nite he could get the camera a part to fix a part that broke last fall when *i* dropped the camera. it still worked- just couldnt' change the settings and options anymore (oops)

so now... i'm sans camera completely!! can't even hook up the web cam cause the part that connects it to the base/stand is broke too (not myfault! lol) OYE!

not to mention- i've spent the entire day trying to reply to this post- been battling connection probs with cc icon_cry.gif

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:27pm
post #14 of 64

I love my kitchen!! I've always wanted to decorate it in Coca-cola stuff. So when we build this house and moved in two years ago, I did!

Here it is! This is the view from my bedroom door. I should take a pic from the other side, because this one doesn't show the hutch where all my cake stuff is. I really need more space for cake stuff and would have had it if we had room for a pantry in our kitchen design. Oh well!
LL

thems_my_kids Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 1:46pm
post #15 of 64

I had to take a couple more! The first is the view from my stove. The hutch on the back wall is where my cake stuff is. Lots of pans stacked up, it's hard to get the one I need but it's what I've got. the stairs are on the left in this picture and the den to the right. That's my bedroom door in the back.

The second is a shot from out office door. It shows how much husband indulged me last Christmas. He got me that flat screen TV adn mounted it and a DVD player in the kitchen. I love it!
LL
LL

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:01pm
post #16 of 64

thems_my_kids,
I like your kitchen too! Your place looks very spacious and comfy. Very nice!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 4:03pm
post #17 of 64

Wow! I was excited when we got an undermount radio for the kitchen. LOL! Would love to have a TV/DVD in the kitchen. That must be great for when you are stuck in the kitchen for hours on end decorating. I seem to spend all of my time in the kitchen these days....cleaning, washing dishes, baking. It never ends.

GenGen Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 5:42pm
post #18 of 64

i have a fish tank in my kitchen heheh

thems_my_kids Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 6:00pm
post #19 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Wow! I was excited when we got an undermount radio for the kitchen. LOL! Would love to have a TV/DVD in the kitchen. That must be great for when you are stuck in the kitchen for hours on end decorating. I seem to spend all of my time in the kitchen these days....cleaning, washing dishes, baking. It never ends.

I am a TV junkie. It's on all the time here, which DH hates, so I'm surprised he chose that. But he's always so practical, he said he wanted to get me something frivolous for a change! thumbs_up.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 7:57pm
post #20 of 64

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
i knew i should have not entered this post! those kitchens are beautiful. i'm so jealous.
I have a tiny, itty bitty kitchen. i only dream of a nice gourmet kitchen.

GenGen Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 8:09pm
post #21 of 64

dont feel bad kat icon_smile.gif i have a tiney kitchen too but the magic still flows into the cakes icon_smile.gif we can't stop it ya know.. once you find it- it will always be there icon_smile.gif (the magic we put in to our cakes that is hehe)

my kitchen is only 11.5 feet wide and 10.25 feet long

HeatherABC Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:36am
post #22 of 64

I love to watch TV while I work... my 52" big screen is in the family room and it's a straight shot to watch from anywhere in the kitchen and I can be at one end and still use the TiVo remote it's a sweet setup. I always wanted this at our last house but couldn't pull it off. icon_smile.gif

GenGen Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 12:52am
post #23 of 64

I can see my tv from the kitchen easily so i leave it on while i work. concentration vibes i guess lol.

since i couldn't get Just a few pics to show Just the right pics of my kitchen i uploaded some on to my myspace page and decided to post the album link here.

Dont' look at the dishwasher lol despite having it a few years hubby still hasn't put up the strips that makes it blend in to the cabnetry.

Yup its all brady bunch gold.. the appliances cuboards etc are older then me and the floor is about 20 years old (lol)

No close ups of the hutch though= too dusty (polishes halo) hehe

I just did some rearranging a few days ago so the toaster isnt on top of the micrwave anymore and the black coffee maker (thermos cups) is where the "medicine" chest used to be and so on.. I dont care for the cluttered microwave look but it freed up some much needed counter space so- gotta go with the lesser of two evils i guess icon_biggrin.gif

oh pardon the large pics. i was so happy hubby fixed the camera sorta that i forgot to resize 'em all., the pics are thumbnails so if your so inclined- you can click on them to enlarge (so they dont look so dark lol)

ok so here's my big brave step and showing my kitchen: at least i cleaned icon_wink.gif lol

oh and say hi to Waldo the betta on the table heh.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=79891395&albumId=1020624

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:24am
post #24 of 64

I love this thread. I would become a real estate agent just to see in other houses, I love to see others kitchens. We have been married for 23 years, and I have had my share of small kitchens. At one point our kitchen, tiny, tiny kitchen, was right at the front door. So if anyone came to the door, theres your kitchen....and because it was tiny, if it wasn't spotless, it looked awful. I have a nicer kitchen these days. I will take pictures and try and post them. Thanks for sharing your kitchens. icon_wink.gif

captrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
captrick Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:50am
post #25 of 64

I also LOVE this thread! I'm a bit of a clean "freak" (I actually get made fun of all of the time..lol). I absolutely wear myself out keeping my house in pristine condition...I know, I'm wierd; blame the military. LOL I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my kitchen. It's HUGE. I have a great deal of cabinet/droor space and a wrap-around bar instead of an island. That bar is where I do most of my decorating\\baking\\cookie making\\bread making, etc.... My kids are always sitting on the other side watching me. I'm at work at the moment...or I'd take a pic....I have dark green counters, maple wood cabinetry, and decorated in apples and sunflowers...I love both of those.

HeatherABC Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:32pm
post #26 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

since i couldn't get Just a few pics to show Just the right pics of my kitchen i uploaded some on to my myspace page and decided to post the album link here.

I'm jealous! Your kitchen looks like it has tons of storage space! That's the one thing I wish for again and again! I can't wait to get my new island in so I can start getting re-organized!

HeatherABC Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:34pm
post #27 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara

I love this thread. I would become a real estate agent just to see in other houses, I love to see others kitchens. We have been married for 23 years, and I have had my share of small kitchens. At one point our kitchen, tiny, tiny kitchen, was right at the front door. So if anyone came to the door, theres your kitchen....and because it was tiny, if it wasn't spotless, it looked awful. I have a nicer kitchen these days. I will take pictures and try and post them. Thanks for sharing your kitchens. icon_wink.gif

I love this thread too... I'm a bit kitchen obsessed. All I think about it is how to make it better and make it work for me efficiently. Unfortunately I don't have a huge space to work with. I love seeing what others have done!

Please do post pictures... I can't wait to see!

HeatherABC Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:35pm
post #28 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrick

I also LOVE this thread! I'm a bit of a clean "freak" (I actually get made fun of all of the time..lol). I absolutely wear myself out keeping my house in pristine condition...I know, I'm wierd; blame the military. LOL I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my kitchen. It's HUGE. I have a great deal of cabinet/droor space and a wrap-around bar instead of an island. That bar is where I do most of my decorating\\baking\\cookie making\\bread making, etc.... My kids are always sitting on the other side watching me. I'm at work at the moment...or I'd take a pic....I have dark green counters, maple wood cabinetry, and decorated in apples and sunflowers...I love both of those.

I'm not a "clean" freak, but I am a straightener... I hate for my house to "look" dirty. LOL so I'm good at putting things away and organizing. It's the dusting, and such that gets me every time!

Your kitchen sounds great! I hope you'll post pictures... I'd love to see it!

captrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
captrick Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:57pm
post #29 of 64

I'll give you a little insight in to how "wierd" I am about my house...LOL I actually was on the ABC show.."Wife Swap" a few years ago...(total nightmare) and while shooting at my home, the director and crew kept doing things like moving the remotes on the living room coffee table just to see if I'd "straighten them" when I walked by....then, they'd all laugh at me when I did....LOL icon_lol.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 2:01pm
post #30 of 64

OMG captrick, you were on Wife Swap?!?!?! Cool! How did it go? What was it like?

I love all your kitchens, makes me want to move! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%