Shh...i'm Pregnant! Advice On Telling The Family???

Lounge By tschamberlain Updated 12 Aug 2006 , 2:55am by cakerator

tschamberlain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tschamberlain Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 5:46am
post #1 of 32

Hey all! I just found out I'm pregnant with my 2nd! I am so overly excited and can't wait to start telling people, but I'm one that likes to do things creatively, duh I make cakes icon_rolleyes.gif . Soooo.....I need you're ideas on telling the grandparents, aunts, uncles. I already thought about writing it on a cake or just putting it on a cake somehow, but any other thoughts???

By the way, we tried for over four years for the first one and I told them while we were taking a family picture...instead of telling them to say cheese, I said "I'm pregnant!" Everyone looked so confused/surprised icon_surprised.gif in the picture, it was too fun.... icon_wink.gif

TIA for any ideas!

31 replies
Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 6:10am
post #2 of 32

Invite everyone for a "baby" dinner. Baby carrots, baby quiche, baby spinach. (chessie huh)

again invite everyone and make a small baby shower cake with your name on it. Congratulations .....

Fill those little favor size bottles with jelly beans in your typical baby colors and hand them out with a little tag with your name and due date on it.

I can go on and on.

good luck and Congratulations on your little one.

Vic

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 11:15am
post #3 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beashorty32

Invite everyone for a "baby" dinner. Baby carrots, baby quiche, baby spinach. (chessie huh)

again invite everyone and make a small baby shower cake with your name on it. Congratulations .....

Fill those little favor size bottles with jelly beans in your typical baby colors and hand them out with a little tag with your name and due date on it.

I can go on and on.

good luck and Congratulations on your little one.

Vic

do ALL of the above at one time (major cheesie and I LOVE IT!!)

just be sure the cake is a pregnant belly cake.

if by then they don't get it--- clueless!

-------
Congrats!!!

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 11:49am
post #4 of 32

I think the "cheesie" dinner sounds perfect! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 12:34pm
post #5 of 32

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I too, think the "cheesie" dinner would be a great idea, and like Doug said, why not do the babay shower also!!! they should get it, and have fun!!

I'm trying to picture their faces on the picture you took for your first annoucement!! that must have been soooo fummy!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Best of luck!!!!!

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 32

Buy a B-day card, put the due date on it and ask everyone to sign it at the "baby" dinner.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 32

For my first, I sent pink and blue carnations with a card that said "I picked these flowers just for you, I hope you like the pink and blue. I'm on my way, don't know what day....Love, Baby (your last name)

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 32

I do like the "cheesie" idea everyone is talking about, but I did have another idea that maybe you could put on the cake or put on something...or maybe even have a shirt made.

You already have one child, right? Put a shirt on that child stating that he/she is going to be a big brother/sister.

Good Luck!!!! And, congrats!!!!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 1:45pm
post #9 of 32

CONGRATULATIONS icon_biggrin.gif

i loved what you did before-wow, i can see it now, everyone standing ready to take picture, then there's confusion, then surprise icon_lol.gif

i told my DH on his birthday, i gave him a card from his new baby that said something like happy birthday daddy, we was so surprised & so happy...

you can all go out & have the waiter bring out a cake that says we're pregnant or have an announcer at the restaurant get every one's attention & announce congratulation's blank & blank are having a baby & let your family be like "WHAT??" because ya know that they're never gonna think that the announce is gonna be about your family.

if you want to do it yourself the 'cheesy baby' dinner sounds cute thumbs_up.gif

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 2:21pm
post #10 of 32

CONGRATULATIONS!

I like Tara's idea. That would be so cool!!!

I would LOVE to be there to see your families faces when you told them!!!

Jami

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 4:29pm
post #11 of 32

Here's another take on the Cheese..... why not start off your meal with pureed foods?

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 4:53pm
post #12 of 32

Just wanted to say congrats! Your 1st time was great, I love that one! How about one of those cute Kewpie dolls in a cake?

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 5:08pm
post #13 of 32

Mine happened to be my dad's B-day. In his presents I wrapped a bib that said Worlds Greatest Grandpa. The look was priceless, followed by tears! You have never seen a happier man in your life!

tschamberlain Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 5:22pm
post #14 of 32

Oh my goodness, now I have to decide! I love the "cheesie" idea, and also the carnation one. Heck, I love all of them. Makes me want to have a few more just so I can use all the ideas! icon_wink.gif

Thanks so much everyone, for the ideas and for the congrats. I really am excited, especially since it took so long to have our first little guy. He's two and a half now and is so sweet.....most of the time!

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do! icon_biggrin.gif

Hey I just noticed I'm no longer a newbie! Yay!!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Jul 2006 , 11:47pm
post #15 of 32

What about small cookie boquets? Each one have 3 or 4 cookies with baby items on them, Then one cookie that says "congratulations grandma/grandpa" or " Aunt...." etc...

I love the carnation idea, That is SOO creative!

Leily

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 12:40am
post #16 of 32

OK. I just loved the ideas that everyone had! I just wanted to say "Congrats!" And you have to take a pic of your cake and let us know how it goes!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 12:48am
post #17 of 32

I like the "baby " dinner idea. And the pregnant belly cake idea. Congrats!! I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy!! party.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 2:07am
post #18 of 32

Congratulations to you! icon_smile.gif

A friend of mine received a card in the mail a few months ago from his soon-to-be niece that had a little personalized message in it and her first "picture" - the sonogram pic. His brother and sister-in-law sent them out to all of their immediate family, signed by the baby. Very cute and touching. They also had been trying for awhile.

The family picture idea sounds so funny! thumbs_up.gif

rhondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondie Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 2:58am
post #19 of 32

Do you regularly pray? Invite the family over for dinner and durring prayer ask God to bless the child in your belly.See who is paying attention...Ha!

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 5:34am
post #20 of 32

Rhondie that is hilarious. Reminds me of the time my father said, Lord Bless this tractor instead of food...he was wanting a new tractor.

tschamberlain--Congratulations!! And I want to say I'm jealous. I want to have another baby and hubby says we need to wait. Let us know how you break the news. I'm not too creative in this way myself.

petitesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweet Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 12:27pm
post #21 of 32

I too can't wait to hear what happens. Congratulations! Wishing you a health and happiness!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 25 Jul 2006 , 11:21pm
post #22 of 32

CONGRATS!

ddog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddog Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:15am
post #23 of 32

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I love everyone's ideas/ comments! I am going through the exact same thing!!!
With number one I just told everyone (boring I know)
With number two I made a shirt for my oldest daughter that said "Big Sister in November 2002"
With number three I let my oldest (who was only 3 1/2 at the time) announce to everyone at a family gathering she stood on a chair and said "My mama has a baby in her belly!!!"
Now number four is on the way!!!! icon_eek.gif
I was thinking about making shirts. For my oldest have the number 1 on hers, the number 2 on poor middle childs, the number three on my youngest and make one for me that has a 4 with an arrow pointing down! What do you think?

Also, I already have three girls so PLEASE send boy thoughts my way!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Yall are great! I love this website!!!! icon_lol.gif

tschamberlain Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 5:05am
post #24 of 32

You guys are really the greatest! thumbs_up.gif I did not expect all these responses. Thanks again for all the congrats. And congrats to you ddog! Being a mom is by far the most rewarding thing ever! I'm sort of hoping for a girl, I just can't get over all those cute clothes! But a brother for my little guy would be fun too, and I know what to expect from boys. Although I hear every child is different so that might not do me much good.

So here's what I've done so far... I sent the carnations/poem to my MIL, she LOVED it. My FIL was out of town so I told her she could just tell him when she wants. Then I had to call everyone on hubby's side to make sure they all heard it from me and not through the grapevine. News travels WAY too fast in this town. I finally couldn't hold it in while on the phone with my mom, but she swore she wouldn't tell anyone but my step-dad. I plan to make my two year old a shirt to wear to a family birthday party this weekend that says "Big brother in 2007"(thanks for the idea by the way). I might do the cookie boquets along with that.

Rhondie-So funny. Oh my gosh my mother would die if I did that! icon_eek.gif I'd be afraid we'd all completely forget the amens!

Ironbaker-that's a really cute thing you're friend got. Reminds me of how I told my in-laws that I was pregnant the first time. It was right around Mother's Day so I got a frame and put "This space reserved for Baby Chamberlain....Due to arrive early next year." She just sat there staring for a few minutes before it clicked. It was too cute. I have the best MIL ever.

Thank you thank you thank you everyone!!!!

countrygal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:11pm
post #25 of 32

My sister found out on the 2nd that she is pregnant. My parents were celebrating they're 17th anniversary so my sis and bil gave them a pink baby bib! And I missed they're reactions because I was on my way home from a weeks stay at charlotte and the Blue Ridge mountains. icon_cry.gif But my 8 yo brother called and told me. lol My reaction was "Are you kiddin' me? Seriously, are you just messing around or is she really?" He was like Uh duh, I just said she was! lol it was funny.

Anyway, congrats ddog!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 10:59pm
post #26 of 32

Just wanted to say Congrats icon_biggrin.gif

jennifer293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer293 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 11:58pm
post #27 of 32

I gave my mom and dad a book called "The ABC's of christian grandparenting". Well they already had 2 other grandkids from my sister so they thought I bought it for them. I kept saying it is not for Michele's Kids...Finally my little sister who was 12 at the time said ...OMG, are you pregnant?" I said, "YES"!!!! and my dad's jaw just dropped and mom kinda sat there and then dad patted DH on the back and said, "Good Job"...It was in that moment that you are finally admitting to your parents that you have had sex...HAHAHAHA It was a funny moment though!!

His parents we just told them at the family Thanksgiving Dinners.

With DD#2 we just called everyone because there were no major events coming up that we would all be together anytime soon.

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 2:29am
post #28 of 32

With our first one I went to the store and bought a huge sticky bun. Then when hubby came home I told him I had a present but he had to play hot-n-cold for it. That FINALLY led him to the inside of the stove where the sticky bun was with a huge note that said SURPRISE Daddy you literally and figuratively now have a bun in the oven.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:22am
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinnut

With our first one I went to the store and bought a huge sticky bun. Then when hubby came home I told him I had a present but he had to play hot-n-cold for it. That FINALLY led him to the inside of the stove where the sticky bun was with a huge note that said SURPRISE Daddy you literally and figuratively now have a bun in the oven.

OH that is SOO cute!

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 7:27am
post #30 of 32

Congrats.
WE broke the news about our first one when my inlaws asked what we wanted for christmas since we had only been married nearly 2 months. My husband replied "diapers, here's mistie." and handed me the phone. After about 3 min of silence, I thought we were going to drive 45 miles to take her to the hospital for a heart attack. Then all the sudden there were loud happy sobs. With the second one, it was via a long distance call, "Mama We're pregnant again." nearly 5 yrs later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%