Omg...my Husband Ruined

Decorating By twinsline7 Updated 1 Jun 2007 , 8:21pm by Steph2325

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 22

the )(*^(^$#%$#@%$#$&* cake!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

he was transporting it to work and ...calls to say "bad news".....I knew before he described it what was wrong.....Spiderman "fell back he said and the top tier slid"....he says " I think it was too hot outside"

I TOLD HIM like *(^(&^$^% times DONT ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I have been up all night working on spiderman, the winnie the pooh cake and the hula girl cake.....the other cakes ( he DIDNT deliver!!) made it to their destnation JUST FINE....and he cant understand why Im so upset with him over this one. I know he has to think Im nuts crying over this cake!

I think its just the no sleep.... icon_sad.gif

sorry had to vent....thanks!

edited to say the cakes he DIDNT deliver!

21 replies
bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 22

So sorry......MEN, I'll tell ya.

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 22

OH NO!! icon_surprised.gif I'm so sorry about your cake!! Were you able to fix it?

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 22

The BEAUTIFUL spiderman cake I just added to favorites? I'm sorry, I feel your pain.

Tina_Mace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tina_Mace Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 22

I had a similar problem last week -- I spent on Thursday evening decorating a two tier (6" and 10") wedding cake for my father with cornelli lace and roses on both tiers. My sister was taking the cake to him ... he called me the next morning to tell me my sister dropped the box on her way in the house and could I fix it (he needed it that evening). Well lucky for them both that I took off from work that day and he brought it to me and we did round two of the same work. Luckily I could save all but 2 roses (there were 10 total) but had to remove all icing and start over. All I remember was the episode on Ace of Cakes -- at least it wasn't in front of the customer and I had time to fix it!!! Just remember, it's going to happen at some point!

afolk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afolk Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 22

Oh, I'm so sorry!! Isn't cake delivery the most stressful part of the whole process?! Just so many things - and people! - that you have no control over. Where was Spiderman going? Did you have to do another?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 22

oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........that's like my worst fear.........I will NEVER send a cake with my DH unless I have NO other choice~~~So sorry this happened to you!!

BlueRoseCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRoseCakes Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 22

That sucks. Go ahead and cry, it's tough when we put all that hard work into the cake and it's wreaked before anyone even sees it. Especially when the person was warned to be careful.
Not to add to this, but if the tier slid and spiderman fell off, maybe it wasn't the heat, maybe he braked too hard or the cake wasn't sitting flat in the car, though the heat could make the cake more supcepitble to shifting in those situations.

twinsline7 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisscantbewrg

OH NO!! icon_surprised.gif I'm so sorry about your cake!! Were you able to fix it?

no...he is already at work with it...which is 45 min away and IN the airport at that! so I couldnt if I could icon_confused.gif

he is making me a nervous wreck! he says he wil try to fix it...then starts going off about ...oh its ruined its ruined...its bad..........

I CANT SEE IT...so I cant ttell him how to fix it...besides I just keep wanting to scream ..and cry!!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:39pm
post #10 of 22

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! So far, I've only transported two cakes with my DH driving. Unfortunately, two of them has been delivered during the hot humid weather. He never understands why I freak out when he 1) doesn't turn on the AC, 2) make sharp turns and 3) hit bumps on the road. I will not even start with the first incident where the icing slid off the cake. Grrrrr... that totally ruined my day. Thank God it was a freebie.

I hope you were able to fix the cake.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:39pm
post #11 of 22

At least he meant well.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:41pm
post #12 of 22

Sorry to hear that! I just peeked at your photos and your cakes ROCK! Especially the figurines! They are all so PERFECT! You are soooo gifted! I just adore the WTP cake!

sweetness11379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness11379 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:42pm
post #13 of 22

OMG! I feel your pain! Couple months ago went to deliver cake with my brother. Husband drove. I held the larger / heavier cake while my brother held the SMALLER / LIGHTER one....

Why is it my cake arrived fine on the same trip and his shifted and cracked and slid? Same car ride... easier cake but he DIDNT follow my directions... of course now... transportation would be done much differently thanks to CC. Lessons learned the hard way!

twinsline7 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm
post #14 of 22

thanks you guys....
I couldnt help but cry! so I have icon_lol.gif

hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:46pm
post #15 of 22

So sorry about the cake. It's awesome or was awesome! I transported a cake too when it was hot out, but I blasted the a.c. even though I was freezing in the car. Your spiderwebs are tooooooooo cool!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:47pm
post #16 of 22

BREAK HIS FINGERS!! icon_surprised.gif

Just kidding! icon_lol.gif
Here's a big <<<<<HUG>>>>>> for you! I'm so sorry you're upset, wish I could make you feel better! Have the twins give you a hug!!

I think the thing that would bother me the most is that he has no clue why you're so upset!! CLUELESS!! dunce.gif

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:48pm
post #17 of 22

I can understand you crying! And being a guy he probably thinks your over reacting or something! They just dont understand that its like a part of you when you create something like that. Not to mention all the work and lets face it, its tiring to do a cake with a lot of detail!
Well hopefully he can fix it for you. So sorry!

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:49pm
post #18 of 22

Your cakes are awesome! I am so sorry for you!!! My DH won't drive when there is a cake in the car. He would rather stay home too! It is by far the worst part about a cake project. I don't blame you for being upset or shedding tears. I would have as well!

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley87 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 8:01pm
post #19 of 22

My boyfriend hates to carry my cakes, because he knows he will be blamed if something happens..lol...he drives, I hold the cake!

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 8:06pm
post #20 of 22

THAT WOULD SUCK! I would be extremely angry; not that something happened to the cake, but that he did something (rolled down the windows) when you specifically said NOT to. That's what would make me crazy. And it would make me even more crazy if he didn't realize the significance of the situation. icon_evil.gif Oooh, the punishment.

Maybe you can email the picture of the spidey cake to whomever was supposed to receive it, so they know what it looked like when it left your hands! Your cake was spectacular. What would we do without cameras?

Here's a spare box of Kleenex and a hug. (and a baseball bat) tapedshut.gif

Steph

twinsline7 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 8:19pm
post #21 of 22

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I told him to go buy a spidey candle and stick ont he top for her..... icon_lol.gif

but he will probably roll down the windows and melt that too! icon_confused.gif

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 8:21pm
post #22 of 22

You're right; he simply cannot be trusted at this point!

Steph

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%